Hydraulic Suspension Lift | FerrariChat

Hydraulic Suspension Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by Keith360, May 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Hi, I'm looking into installing a lift system that would lift the front only or all the way around to clear approach and driveway ramps. The system uses hydraulic cylinders that fit under the OEM springs and occupy the area around the lower portion of the spring. The cylinders are available in two lift dimensions, 1.2" and 2". They would add some weight to the "un-sprung" mass but not much. I have been in contact with a company that makes this system and supplies the pump, reservoir, lines, fittings, and electrical for $1800.

Has anyone seen this or have a system installed on your cars?

I was thinking of using my unused switch location by my sport switch.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

2. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I have my car fairly (but not lowrider) low. Have skid plates installed on the front, and they usually don't touch anything... Sure could go maybe 1/4" lower in the front, but still wouldn't likely have much of a problem. Loading on a standard trailer does require some additional length to reduce the approach. I think the nose on the front of the 360 isn't a huge problem for most folks.

3. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #3 stevecomp, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been thinking the same thing for some time with my road car, every time you have a dip in the road or speed hump I have to go diagonally across it to minimise the front bar scrapping out.

I have a few set of Ohlin's ride height adjusters from my bike stock/collection that will fit the std shockers they are manual though. It would not be too hard to convert to electric over hydraulic and would give 40 to 50mm of travel.

100mm is the low limit of ride height in South Australia, the car looks better at 70mm :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    What's the company name who makes this system? Where are they located?

5. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    #5 pma1010, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Keith,
    Not directly related but my Lamborghini has an OEM lift system. Installation is as you describe. Works well. I don't know how this system would impact spring height and travel on your 360 but one of the guys in the 550 section has done this using the spare switch in the middle of the dash. I think it was John Cribb but search and you'll see it.
    Philip

6. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have a 458 with the same type of system OEM I think it's front only.

7. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #7 Keith360, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    The company is Ramliftpro.com and the site doesn't have much on specific vehicles. I think this hasn't kicked off yet and is still in a state of infancy. I got the thumbs up from the wife, all I need to do is get my sons car off my car lift and measure inner and outer spring diameters. In my contact with the fellow at Ramliftpro, he said he had supplied kits to a couple 360's but wanted to confirm spring data.

Being the 360's ride height is adjustable on each coil-over shock, it looks like it would work. I believe the actual added dimension that is placed between the spring and the nut, I hope there is enough adjustment thread below my existing configuration. I guess I could design a cylinder that surrounds the coil and has 3/4 -1 inch of added stack height...Hmmm, now do I need to fire up my CAD system?

Thanks, I had heard that the 458 had this system and was looking to mimic it. Is the 458 system electro-hydraulic or electro-pneumatic? Thanks for confirming the 458 has this.

8. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Did you ever go through with the kit Keith?

9. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
  10. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    I have the KW system.

Without it, the ramp angles of most car-parks in HK even with std ride height are an exercise in expensive scraping sounds.

I have come to the conclusion that architects in HK have never had to park a car in their wonderful creations.

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  12. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #13 hessank, Jul 10, 2016
  13. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I had the front lift option on my gallardo, I wish my f430 had it.... Here on Long Island I'm sure it would come in handy

14. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #15 Keith360, Jul 11, 2016
    Yes, purchased the four wheel kit and a set of H&R springs which would have lowered the car an inch and change. I will need to modify the brake line and wheel speed sensor cable support as the coil over nut which would be positioned lower on the strut would cause an interference. I'll document the mod here as I go along. I'm working on one of my sons friends Toyota engine at the moment, but this is the next in the queue.

15. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Funny thing after I pulled the trigger on the kit from Ramliftpro, my son called four days after and said the company he works for is starting to develope their own air springs. He works for Accuair. Not sure how long I would have to wait for the product since its in the development stage.

16. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice work 👍🏁🏁🏁

17. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looks good. What are all the vaccum lines for?

18. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Thanks Steve, it's a labor of love to work towards perfection. Not that I ever achieve it, but it's fun.

All the vacuum lines are part of the emissions junk that is tacked on a nice little engine. The bracket on the side was originally on the top of the valve cover. I couldn't let it go without cleaning the installation up. The lines operate the EGR System and Fuel Pressure.

19. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    Very cool, is it a pressure set system or does it have ride height potentiometers?

20. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #21 Keith360, Jul 11, 2016
  21. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #22 Keith360, Jul 11, 2016
  22. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #23 Keith360, Jul 11, 2016
    This is my wiring diagram, most of the parts except the switch and LED lights. My plan is to use a 360 CS window switch which is the same style as the three on to the left of my steering wheel which control the Sport Mode Switch, Mirror Heater, ASR, and the blank hole where the new switch will reside.

23. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    #24 Keith360, Jul 11, 2016
  24. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I plan on mounting the pump and reservoir above the steering rack with the top of the reservoir next to the brake reservoir so I can monitor the fluid level.