I am interested in knowing how long it takes | FerrariChat

I am interested in knowing how long it takes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nberry, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    between the time a car is built and delivery. Has anyone recently taken delivery of a new Ferrari they ordered. If so, once your car was completed how long did it take before it arrived in N.J. for PDI and the dealer called you to take delivery.

Any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated. I am close to the Feb. 16th deadline for the price increase. My car was built over a week ago. Last I heard it was waiting for a boat.

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i'm in los angeles. my experience over the past few years has been that once the car is built and they tell you your car is "on the water" it takes about a month before you actually get the car.

i have not heard of any formal price increase date?? is this for all their cars or just certain models?

you could call FNA and ask them directly about your specific situation.

3. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    As of Feb 16th 2004 prices on the 2004 360 will increase. The coupe will be $7500 more and the Spider $9500. Also all options will have prices increases as well. No price increase for the 575M or the Stradale.

Thanks for your reply.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My car came in November, I can give you some idea but there are alot of things that car slow down the process. The boat takes around six days, once it gets to Newark, it can take between 2 and 10 days until it is unloaded, then once it gets to FNA there is really no telling how long it could be there. I was pretty lucky, from boat arrival to my dealer (in PA) it only took a week.

5. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    about 3 weeks for me. that was a few days quicker than the dealer was expecting, iirc.

6. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    One of my problems is waiting for the boat to get fully loaded. Apparently it does not leave until then. Hopefully they fill quick. It will be close. Imagine having to pay another $10,800 for the same product because of a couple days. One would think/hope Fspa or FNA would take that into consideration especially when the paperwork on my car indicated a Jan. 29th delivery date. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you all for the valuable information.

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It really depends on the racing schedual of the dock workers. Those guys love to drive the F cars and if your car comes in on on fri most likely it's gonna be used at least over the weekend. If you look throught the chain link fence you can see some good racing down at the Newark docks. As Alan knows they perfer Lambo's but some of the lower down guys will still settle for an F car for the weekend...

8. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

You really know how to hurt a guy! <g>

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Too funny Jim, just too funny ... hahaha :D, :D

Pete

10. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I have a Maserati Spyder all built and also just waiting for a boat to Newark and I was told that Ferrari handles the shipping of the Masrerati's also. Anyone know what port they ship out of and what shipping carrier handles them. Heard Ferrari boxes each car but do they just tow the Maserati along side the ship? Thanks in advance for any info

11. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    nah, he loves to torchure his 355. He drove it in the rain with the top down

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    From the day the car was built until FNA recieves it in New Jersey and ready to be sent to the dealer, you are looking at 5 weeks. Then you probably have another week to get to west coast. I am sorry to tell you that my uncle has the same situation and was told by the dealer not to expect his car before the 15th.

Just think about it, why would FNA release a car if they can get over $9500 more a few days later?

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm afraid you're out of luck re: the price increase, Nick. The price you will pay is based on when the car is invoiced, and it has to be in the U.S. port for that to happen.

Gary

14. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    ... 4 to 6 weeks once the car is on the water until you can get it. This is based on multiple cars from Lambo and Ferrari ordered custom.

aehaas