I Bet no one else has this P4 "rare gallery" | FerrariChat

I Bet no one else has this P4 "rare gallery"

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Miura Jota, Sep 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Yesterday I found this at a flea market it is "EAGLE'S RACE" brand
    I wonder if somebody here has it too and BTW tell us which you consider is the rarest model in your collection.
    P.S. Also yesterday I got a yellow 355 spider by UT & the best color for a Maranello: Grigio titanium by Bburago

speaking of rarities: does anyone have a 400i or 412 ? ( the 70's square 2+2)
    that's the model I wish the most!

2. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Looks awsome M.

3. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    omg...nice car. BUT....theres a depreciation of it now since u opened it. so its no longer in "mint" condition...haha....oh well. Hm...that does look rare....i bet you can get some nice cash for it...

today all i see are red p4's..some silvers..thats it.

4. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Nice model man
    Can I ask you much you payed for it???

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is that a P4 or a P3 ?

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    sweet find man

7. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have a 1/18 Ferrari P4 as well, but mine is made by Jouef.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    On the subject of P4 models, here is a "blast from the past". I found this picture in Quattroruote June 1968. The manufacturer is "El-Gi", and it is apparently 1/10 scale. The P4 is radio controlled, the Miura is on a cable.

9. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The same company (El-Gi) also made a radio-controlled 250LM.

10. andys250GT

andys250GT Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    Loudon NH
    Full Name:
    Andy Subbiondo
    Not in the same color and markings though. Mine is red with light blue stripind and tail panel, #23 and five spoke Speedline style wheels. Like all Eagle Racing/Jouef models it lakes good detailing but has a pretty good shape so it looks nice. (BTW- Eagle Racing is essentially the same as Jouef).

This brings up my favorite beef about 1/18 scale Ferraris. By giving Mattel
    a monoploly on 1/18th Ferrari diecasts the Scuderia has guaranteed that Ferrari diecast reproductions in this scale will be distinctly inferior to those made by Exoto and Kyosho to name a few. It is for this reason that I have very few of Maranello's finest in my diecast collection which numbers around 25 or 30.

The best Ferrari I own is the Kyosho Daytona (365 GTB/4) which is up to the standards of the better diecasts. It is still available but not in the glass-nose style like mine. Nevertheless I highly recommend this particular model.

I'm hoping that Exoto will get in the game they've long promised a line of classic Ferraris (250GTO & SWB, 275 GTB) but have yet to introduce a single one.

On another tangent, I just got the new Exact Scale '67 Shelby GT-350 and it is superb.

11. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    In fact I had to pay about $ 40 usd. (above my average) and that was because the guy noticed my enthusiasm when I first spotted it ( I grabbed it like a salvation) btw the bottom of the box reads: Eagle's Race collection includes a 1:18 version of 288 GTO Evoluzione among other rarities .

Come on guys! challenge me with a model you think I still don't have

what of your models is your "hardest to find" or priceless treasure.

again: anyone has a 400?

12. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    thanks Miltonian, that was cool! I love vintage pics
    those toys must be highly collectible today you have them? or at least more pics from that age?
    P4 or Miura either one must be the All time must beautiful car.

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Tell me you got it

14. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    No I haven't even seen the Evoluzione but that guy has a 1964 GTO Series II for sale.

Found this at another site

what does WHIPS stand for?
    is this a Hot Wheels release?
    best color for a Ferrari isn't it?

15. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I've never seen a 1:18 400 or 412, but BBR has a nice 1:43 412.

16. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Looking at my old (1988) Danhausen catalog again, I see that AMR listed a 1/43 Ferrari 400 Automatic (shown here), as well as a 400 Cabriolet, and a 412.

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So far as i know, the letters in "WHIPS" don't stand for anything... A 'whip' is just a slang term for a car, commonly used by the chrome wheels & modifications crowd... i first posted about this car here... i saw it and just had to have it... :)

Hey, that's a really nice P4, Miura...! Looks great... Definitely hold on to it...

Tacoz, i've got a white 1:18 330 P4 model; it's the NART P4; Augustine gave it to me... i'm assuming they're pretty rare, but they're out there... If all else fails, you can just take a red or silver one and paint it...

18. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    LookSmart makes 400, 412 and 412 cabriolet 1:43 models.

20. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    I hate to 'rain on your parade', but the yellow #33 Eagles Race Ferrari 412P (modelled on the Ecurie Francorchamps car #0850, driven in the 1967 Daytona 24 Hours by 'Beurlys and 'Wild Willy' Mairesse) is one of the easiest models to find of the series. There was even a UK seller on eBay a few months back who was selling them at £9.99 each. (Sorry ! :( )

The Eagles Race P4's/412P's are a continuation (under licence) of the original Revell/Jouef models, with different race colour schemes. If you use eBay as a measure of rarity (in terms of frequency of listings and prices bid), the two rarest of these models seem to be the Revell/Jouef #23 Maranello Concessionaires 412P, which I have seen go for $180.00 and the Eagles Race #7 Piper (dark green with gold 5-spoke wheels) Coke sponsored models - which tend to come up in Europe for around 60-70 Euros.

If you want to make yourself a 'rare' 1:18 P4 - you can convert an un-marked Revell/Jouef P4 spyder (cat. no. 3005) into a replica of #0846 as it last ran at Le Mans in 1967 (#20), using Carpena's excellent 1:18 decal sheet (part no. ref. 18.06) ;)

I've got most of these P4's and 412P's, including the conversion above, and personally, find them a bit on the crude side, compared to, say, the more recent offerings, by the likes of Exoto and Kyosho. I just wish HotWheels / Mattel would get off the fence and make a decent 1:18 (or 1:12) P4 model, or preferably allow one of the other two aforementioned companies to make one !

Being a bit of a P4ophile, my collection of 1:43 P3's; P4's and 412P's now is well into three figures, including: AMR; BBR; Dallari; Remember; Rotarex; MG Models; Starter; Provence Moulage; Tenariv; Virage, and of course all of the Bang and Brumm diecasts. If not particularly rare, probably one of my favourites are the 'Miniatures du Chateau' P4's and 412P's by the French Heco Models concern. Their factory built models, although nowhere near as detailed as the Feeling43 P4's are a superb representation, and a far better shape than the BBR P4 and 412P models (IMO).

But my absolute favourite is a 1:87 resin kit of the 2nd place Le Mans 330P4 (again #21 - probably the most modelled P4) by Carbone 87. It is under 2" long, but still has a photo-etched steering wheel and windshield wiper. Needless to say, I had this built by a professional modeller. It's absolutely gorgeous.

21. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Yeah, I have that exact same model.Says universal models on the bottom. a 330P4. Bought it several years ago.

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  23. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

haha

:D

24. andys250GT

andys250GT Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    Loudon NH
    Full Name:
    Andy Subbiondo
    Cool, mine has the #23 Maranello Concessionaires livery.

25. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I also have all the P3's/4's that Jeouf made including the one you posted. I also have the 288 GTO Evoluzione. Rob hasn't received my payment yet so I can't post pictures but if you look in the archieves you might find a pic of my collection.