I hate Dell, Part II | FerrariChat

I hate Dell, Part II

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #1 PeterS, Jun 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Man I hate Dell! My laptop crashed. I waited on hold 35 minutes on the phone with their tech support. and got disconnected. I went to Dell's support and went into their 'email tech support' area. I filled out the email with my problem and got the following!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    Sorry to hear of your Dell problems. just bought my second Dell computer and love it. Had great success with the first one....belive it or not, especially happy with customer service. I hope things work out for you. Good luck

Jay

3. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    maybe India is closed for a holiday or something!

john

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Peters has problems with the service industry!

/duck

Let's hope this doesn't turn into a $15,000 tech support from hell thread!

;)

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    They never called me back (from India) last time after copious promises.

Dell's service used to be good, now TERRIBLE.

6. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Dell is an excellent stock to short.

I stopped getting Dells @ the office and now I have a whole family of HP's. They just feel, appear and ARE much better put together. For laptops I still get toshiba's.

I know lots of my peers in IT are starting to turn our backs on Dell as well.

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Dell Complete Care Service Package is the best thing on earth. You can drop your laptop from the second floor and they will fix it for you, and while they are fixing it they will provide you with a new one.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I have a DELL system here at work, and bought a desktop for my house as well. They certainly give you a lot for the money, there's no doubt about that.

A couple of times, here at work, I had to call DELL for support. I can't tell you how much time I spent on hold, and how many times they shuffled me around from one department to another. It was so infuriating that I just had to hang up. My solution; I found someone local who is about 5 minutes away, and also makes emergency calls. I may pay a little more per hour but at least I am not wasting my time on hold.

9. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Oh Dell,

When they work, great....... and when they don't!!?!?!

I have purchased several for home and office and have been pleased. When one went down due to a power supply, I let one of my employees go through the pain staking process of getting help. I wanted to go to war with India over this. As a former computer guy, having someone try to diagnose the problem by looking at a script was killing me. It took an hour with them saying things like "remove the memory and then replace it". I wish you well.......