I need help with a 360 decision...... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I need help with a 360 decision......

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dave Radu, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwood1969

dwood1969 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    David Wood
    Scott63,

You may be right but I have been watching the 360 coupe market for the last 6 months (maybe thinking about a purchase next year) and the prices have definitely been coming down. The Spyders appear to be holding their own but I have not been watching those as closely. I think in 2 years you will be able to buy a low mileage (< 10K) older 360 (2000-2001) for around about 100K - maybe a little more, maybe a little less depending upon various factors. What may help the price on these cars - and all Ferraris in general - is continued improvement in the economy. The more prosperous people, the greater the market, the more supply and demand becomes a relevant factor. Right now there are plenty of cars out there on the secondary market as can been seen on Dupont etc.

Anyway, this is just my $0.02. As in many things, I maybe completely wrong :) - just ask my girlfriend......

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    That is a hugh jump to go from a 308 to a 360. How about a 355 for 75k to 115k? I think they will depreciate less and a great car.

3. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu

The 355 is great looking, but the modern look of the 360 just does it for me.

If the 360 doesn't pan out I'll be taking your advice.

4. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Who cares if it was tracked. What do you think the car was designed for anyway?

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Do you mean people still track their Ferrari's in this day and age, that's sinfull!! The only other thing you forgot to mention was make sure the car was "never" driven as well!! ;)

I am just curious, you are trading in your 360 to get a Stradale, why? You would never see the true value of the upgrades of the Stradale on the street?

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Presume it will go down in value and cost more to maintain than you anticipate then buy it for one reason - you want one. No one can predict the value in 2 years, we can speculate from now til then.

7. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Look at the waiting list on new 360's. It is still roughly 24-36 months long. This will help hold value up on the pre-owned ones. I agree with whart. If you want the car and can afford to own it with all its little idiosyncracies, go for it. You cannot put a dollar value on the "fun factor". That is an intangible. Buy it, enjoy it and then keep it or get another one. You cannot go wrong unless you are buying only as an investment. It is not an investment!!!!!!!! Buy it, drive it, and try to keep a smile off your face......:>)

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thats not quite true, the waiting list is only as long as your special order and standing at the dealership. You can walk into a dealership and buy a 360 right now, so there is not a waiting list, and it doesn't take long at all to find the right car.

Buy the car. Enjoy it and if you don't like it, you can still sell it for a marginal hit in depreciation. If you like it, you can hold onto it, and does the depreciation matter at that point? NOPE!

Keep one thing in mind though, warranty... how much more for one that is, I'm not sure. But something to definitely keep in mind.

When the replacement comes put, prices will slip a little more than normal.

Buy the car and enjoy it!

Sunny

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Where? With Ferrari policy of not selling out of the area, finding a new 360 with no wait is a challenge.

Gary

10. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I agree with Gary. In the northeast, the wait is 20 to 36 months depending on the dealer. Algar's wait is 36 months. Ferrari of Long Island is 20 months...