I thought Pantera's were more $ ? | FerrariChat

I thought Pantera's were more $ ?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Francesco_Baracca, Apr 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    An average condition Pantera will normally sell in the mid 20's. I have a feeling this car will go up quite a bit berore the end of the bid.

Darrell.

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  3. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    agree
    think its more what Darrell said, although....

looks like mine except for the bumpers...

4. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Seems too cheap. What is up with the approved bidder requirement?
    Nobody puts the Buy it now only $200 higher than the opening bid.

Everything is being done to encourage a sight unseen purchase.

If it passes a PPI it would be a screaming deal at $9400.

email the seller and tell him you want to view the car.
    Lets see what his response is.

5. johntvette

johntvette Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    C'mon guys. Wake up! This is the oldest scam on ebay.

Contact the guy to be put on the preapproved bidder's list, and I'll give you 100 to 1 that he starts hitting you up to send him the money through either Western Union, or some crooked escrow company, located in a third world country.

Whatever he says, he'll do it in very poor english.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    yeah, that seems too cheap

I like the GT5S though, sweet car, nothing psuedo exotic about that

7. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    I've sent the e-mail to be added to the buyer's list. I'll let everyone know what happens.

FWIW, I'm not going into this blindly. I've seen every scam out there. I also work for a company that sells a few things on ebay (username: grapevinehill)

M.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    That price is a steal. If I wasnt so busy, I would go check that car out.

9. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    When something is too good to be true, its usually not. That "buy it now" price is just plain crazy, something wrong somewhere.
    Steve

10. 4za

4za Formula 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Edmonds, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    SCAM! Run away.

11. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    *sigh*

Please read my post above. IT IS THE OLDEST EBAY SCAM IN THE BOOK!

No more "wow that's cheap" comments need to be made. It's a SCAM, and not a very good one at that.

12. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John

And why in the world would the price go up before the end of the bid?? The "buy it now" is at 9400. Of course, I would imagine there are people around here who would bid an item higher than it's buy it now price.

13. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here ya go guys.

"Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to azzzo696969 through the eBay email system using the Ask Seller a Question feature.

We would like to provide the following safety tips:

1. If you received a reply to your email do not respond (either through the eBay system or your email provider) if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and the transaction will not be covered by eBay protection programs.

2. If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on and it's appearing in My Messages with the subject of "Message from eBay Member", it's not a legitimate Second Chance Offer. Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject stating, "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...". Always check for both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item." when responding to a Second Change Offer.

3. Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It is against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment via these methods as these methods are unsafe when paying someone you don't know.

If you have already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, or if you are a seller who has already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

1. Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase. If you paid via credit
    card, most card issuers provide consumer protections in instances of online fraud.

2. Contact the local law enforcement where you sent your payment. You may be able to receive additional assistance by contacting the authorities in the area where the seller resides. The following link may be helpful: /csg/p?www.usacops.com/

3. File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. IC3 is
    a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. They review reports and refer information to the appropriate local, state, or federal agencies. You can file a complaint at: /csg/p?www.ic3.gov/

We would also like to request that you take a few minutes to provide more information related to the transaction. Please complete the Item Bought Outside of eBay form from the help page below. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement should an investigation occur.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-fraud-non-ebay.html

Regards,

Trust & Safety Department]]>"

14. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    thnx john for checking and posting and warning us, I didn't know...

15. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    That car was also "flagged" on the Pantera International forums as a scam. Like was said...... WAY too low. (Heck, they are getting low 30's for ones in need of a good amount of work..........etc).

16. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

panteras are rad cads and have always interested me. i will own one before too long!!!

17. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Just remember, if there is a "preapproved bidder's list" with a "buy it now"....It is almost certainly a scam.

18. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Not anymore. The past year or two have seen a noticeable rise in values. I'm seeing average Panteras go for low 30s. The nice ones--40's. Really nice ones--50's and 60's.

All it would take is to have a movie like Gone in 60 Seconds to feature a Pantera like they did the Shelby GT500, and the values would really jump.

19. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    wow! I haven't been following P prices, they've def gone up.

20. ferraripete

i'm glad most owners cherish these cars as the are way too cool to leave to become iron oxide. these cars often get over restored and modded and thus go from great cars to real monster gt's capable of blowing nearly anything into the weeds!!!

and the look hot!

i wil probably buy a car that some crazy pantera owner has dumped 100k or more into for less than 60k. that will be a value and no doubt a really great updated panther!

21. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    #22 BigAl, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. ferraripete

i love it!

al please explain to me the wheel differences i have seen. some panteras seem to have wheels that better fill out the wheel wells...and some look like they need wider wheels. is there a year that they made a change in widths?

23. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #24 GhostRider, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The original Campagnolo wheels are what you see on Al's car there. There are many versoins of these wheels, mostly dealing with slot arrangement, but one thing they all have in common--very small by today's standards. Hard to get tires for too. If you see original photographs from back in the day, you'll see the tires look tall and skinny. That was what was available then. I have 15's on the front of mine ,and 16's on the back. These are wheels from the early 90's and even now I have difficultly with tire selection. Seventeen-inchers are in the future.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Not anymore. The past year or two have seen a noticeable rise in values. I'm seeing average Panteras go for low 30s. The nice ones--40's. Really nice ones--50's and 60's.

Here is Southern CA. an average car is still available in the mid 20's. Now your right, if it's restored or really clean, price goes up real quick. Someone mentioned buying a car an owner put 100k into for 60-70. Thats the only way to do it. They come up for sale fairly often. I think right now they are a relative bargain, especially concidering thier performance, and great looks.

Darrell.