I thought Pantera's were more $ ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I thought Pantera's were more $ ?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Francesco_Baracca, Apr 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Matt great looking car.

Darrell.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i have seen two very, very nice panteras while riding my bicycle up in the mt. helix area. i am definitely a future owner especially if i run into a car like the blue one ghostrider posted!! that is just *****in!!!!

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

b i t c h i n !!!

that car is a jewel!!!!!!

4. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks. I've had it 5 years now, and I still love it.

You can always find deals, but on average, the prices are up. And SoCal is about the most expensive place for them! Check out Pantera International's Panteras they have for sale out there: http://www.pim.net/pim1.html Now they are a bit on the high side, being dealers. But, those asking prices on there aren't way off. They have been selling at those prices for a while now.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #30 WILLIAM H, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I love the GT5S (mid 1980's Pantera). That's back when DeTomaso owned Maserati, and subsequently, you could get the wrinkled Maserati leather in the Panteras then.

A couple of years ago, I would have said you could get these for $50K. With the uptick in prices, well, that's hard to say now. There aren't very many of these at all, so it's hard to get a solid idea on that market.

7. Matt did you know that a yellow L Pantera was in that movie (the Cage one)? It is on the chalkboard list of cars to get, and they do show a VERY brief shot of it being loaded up. Obviously it wasn't featured.

8. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes, it was listed as 'Kate' on the shopping list. Banzai Runner is the best Pantera movie, even though it is cheesy. The Gumball Rally has some good Pantera footage too.

9. johntvette

johntvette Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    LOL! Got this response this morning:

>>>>>>Hi ,
    Before i can add you on my pre-approve list, i wanna let you know some details about this transaction.

The car will be shipped from Cornwall,United Kingdom & i will cover shipping fees. Since the car is shipped on a military cargo all you have to pay for this car is the BUY IT NOW price ($9.400) . Will be shipped over sea to NY, from there DHL will pick it up and you will receive it within 14 days tops.DHL will deliver the car at your door.
    The car is in perfect working condition , no damage,no scratches or dents,no hidden defects, and it is as advertised.You can see more pictures of the car here: [Removed link so no knuckle heads click it and get phished] ,will be shipped with CLEAR US TITLE.
    I work as a sergeant in the US army and i was deployted to work here in Cornwall for a while. I've brought the car here with me 1 week ago so i can drive it during my free time but i found out that i have to pay a large amount of money to register the car here, because it was purchased and registred in US and Europe emission regulations are different from US ones.
    I only go home once in 8 months, it's a shame to keep a car like this garraged for such a long time .
    If you are interested, get back to me and i'll let you know the terms of this deal.
    Thank you ,

Paul Mckenna
    Joint Maritime Facility,
    St Mawgan, Cornwall,
    United Kingdom<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Amazing that this actually works from time to time.

10. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Het Matt, you sure there was a P in Gumball Rally? I thought it was Cannonball (a Gumball Rally rip off) where someone planted a bomb in it and it blew up afer it hit 100mph.

11. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You're right Al. Cannonball was what I had in mind there. Gumball Rally did have some Pantera footage too though. Here is a cool link that lists a ton of Pantera appearances in movies and TV:

http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/movie_dtinfilm.htm

The best TV footage I've ever seen was the 2-part Hawaii Five-O episodes, with Ricardo Montalban playing a race car driver in Hawaii. Two Panteras appear in these two episodes. I've got it on VHS somewhere.

12. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    RE: the link-"On the wide-screen version, the Pantera is visible, but on the shrunk-to-fit-your-TV version, the Pantera is off-screen." No wonder! I saw it when it was theatrically released years ago, but ever since its been on telly.

didn't know that about 5-0, I'd like to see that episode.

13. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thread Moved.

14. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    wondered how long before it got moved....

15. The episode you are looking for is Sept 1972, Death Wish On Tantalus Mtn. There is two Panteras, first a yellow 72, then a red pushbutton. There is a good chance (?) that the red one is mine. Ford sold mine almost in 73, before selling it ,it was stored in Michigan, then the original owner (I am the second) bought it & it got shipped to Ca. were it stayed until a few years ago. In the movie credits, the cars are supplied by Ford. If it's not my car, then I wonder where is it?

16. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I just sold a Pantera last week for $41k and one yesterday for $51k. Getting many requests for the cars.

17. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    #42 steveirl, Apr 29, 2006
    Here are a couple of pics of my GT5S, I love this car, its the biggest blast to drive I have ever experienced and generates so much interest whenever I drive it. I know of two owners who have sold their cars for 50K sterling pounds in the last few months, both cars have gone to Australia. Values for 5S cars are high now and very firm, but even early cars will get mid 30s sterling here if in excellent condition. The early models like Matts and BigAls are also arguably the prettiest.
    Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Gorgeous GT5S Steve. I'd prefer one of those myself. Does yours have the wrinkled leather interior?

19. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    #44 steveirl, May 1, 2006
    Thanks Matt, my car was retrimmed by the previous owner, it was originally white leather and he changed it to magnolia connolly hide with blue piping, it doesnt have the ruffled hide, the seats are bucket type, and it has the most beautiful walnut door panels inlaid with the isis logo. Will take some better pics when I get the car back, its currently undergoing some major engine work in the UK, in the meantime here are some pics from last year, I was checking the timing but you can still see some of the interior. Your car is stunning btw.
    Steve

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    THANK YOU!!!

man i have been looking forever for a pic of the "mystery panel" removed behind the seats!!! Lamborghini should have done this with the damn Jalpa!!

i saw your video on YouTube, i sent you a PM, stunning car man!!

21. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

man , the both of you have stunning rides, why havent you done " here are my Pantera pics " threads!

i really like the body style in darker colors... blue and black are the best. many of the cars i see for sale in my price range are red though.... bummer..... :)

i am on the hunt....

Reaper ...out.

22. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Revson's '71 Pantera is in my stable. I've dumped over 6 figures in the beast and it's getting painted as I write. As much carbon fiber as was available-in Blk orig Yellow. Group IV flares/ Boyd C's/180 degree jet coated headers and all alum susp/engine assc. next fall a stroker alum engine will adorn the finished bay. Was my 1st real exotic-probably the last that will leave. Talk about backwards in a car.....

23. Was my 1st real exotic-probably the last that will leave.
    I feel the same, I would love to get a GT5S and a Mangusta. I LOVE my Countach & Jalpa, but there's something about the Pantera. It's 5x easier to work on as a bonus.

24. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    pm sent

25. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Funny you mention the Mangusta. I own the hands down finest Mangusta on the planet. Went through a 1/4 mil resto ~ 10 years ago and has 186 mis. since. Have offered title for title showdown with any non-believers with an independant judge-no takers. Wish there were, I'd own plenty of the 150 left of the 401 made...