News

I would like a ride in a 308 or 328 (Philadelphia area)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ztarum, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    I originally posted this in the 308/328/Mondial section, but it was suggested that I post it here as well. Thanks.

I am interested in possibly purchasing a 308 or 328, but I have never sat in one or gone for a ride in one. I love the styling, but I want to make sure I like the ergonomics, sound, performance, and general experience before I really commit to the finding/inspecting/buying process.

My current car is a Superformance Cobra, which is beautiful to look and absurdly fast. I've had a lot of fun with it, but I think I am ready for something new. My better half would also prefer that our next car not be a convertible, and is supportive of choosing a Ferrari. We both like them and have been checking them out a shows for 10 years or so. I have no illusions that the 308 is a fast car (at least not compared to the Cobra) and I think I am OK with that, but at the same time I don't want to buy one and then be disappointed. In order for me to get something new, the Cobra has to go. I know I'm going to have a hard time letting go of her, so I want to be really sure of what I want before I take that plunge.

So, if any generous 308 or 328 owners in the Philly area would be willing to take me for a spin so I can see what a Ferrari is really like I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Zach

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    If you come to Baltimore next Sunday I will give you a ride in my 308QV but it's a TS not a Berlinetta.

MB

4. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Thank you very much for the offer. Baltimore is a bit of a haul, so let me see if anyone local takes pity on me. If not, I'll be in touch. Thanks again.

5. jimangle

jimangle Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Where are you in South Jersey?

6. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Mickleton. Exit 16B off of I-295.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jimangle

jimangle Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I could give you a ride sometime. Maybe we could meet at the BBQ place on 322. It all depends on the weather, and time off.

I think one Sunday We should have a Cars and BBQ at the Jersey BBQ place before the weather turns on us.

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Come by the C&C at Dilworthtown Pa. sometime after this weekend. We'll get you a ride. Bob

10. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    When and where is the Cars & Coffee?

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We meet at 8:00-8:30am, at the Starbucks in the Dilworthtown Plaza, its at the corner of 202 and Dilworthtown road in West Chester. Look forward to meeting you!

12. To remove this ad click here.