Ideas of maintenance tasks on my 360 engine? | FerrariChat

Ideas of maintenance tasks on my 360 engine?

Discussion in '360/430' started by spooky, Sep 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spooky

spooky Rookie

Mar 14, 2010
    Hello,

I have my 360 since about 10 years, about 66’000 km and am very happy with, and I really take care of her with a regular maintenance.

I was wondering if you have advices of parts that I should change on the engine or things to check, for instance:
    - ignition coils
    - spark plugs
    - lambda probes
    - check compression rate
    -…?

Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    Clean or replace injectors.

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    There is a regular major service every five years that you should follow. Timing belts, tensioner roller bearings, spark plugs, cam seals, valve cover gaskets and cam timing. Every so often, there is a leaky water pump and heat exchanger to replace. Headers with cat material breaking up need to be replaced eventually. O2 sensors don't tend to last real long as is the secondary air injection pump. CV boots do break often under the intense heat. Ignition coils need replacement. Sometimes, cam variators need replacement.

Nice picture, by the way.

4. spooky

spooky Rookie

Mar 14, 2010
    Thanks!

I have always done the regular service with timing belt, tensioner, etc.
    1. Timing Belt, Tensioner, Water pump, etc: done every 3 years
    2. Spark plugs: 2015
    3. Heat Exchanger: replaced
    4. Silencer material breaking-up: treated
    5. Lambda sensor: never replaced
    6. Ignition coils: never replaced
    7. Secondary air injection pump: never replaced but I guess will not affect performance
    8. Cam seals and valve cover: never replaced
    9. Injectors: never replaced
    I think I will ask for a dyno test first, and look at what was never replaced depending on the result, does that make sense?

Pic was taken on a track in France.:)

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    3-year cycles for major service is quite overkill, but it's your car.
    Cam seals and valve cover gaskets never replaced, even with timing belt job? How do they time the cam shafts? Don't they leak by now?
    Secondary air pump does not affect performance but its failure throws CEL code for o2 sensors and air pump. In the US, that gets you a smog test fail and you can't register your car.

I would say that ... IF you have leaky valve covers or cam seals, you should change those out at the next timing belt job. Also insist on a cam shaft re-timed to factory spec at the same time.