IDF stops 14 year old suicide bomber | Page 3 | FerrariChat

IDF stops 14 year old suicide bomber

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ralfabco, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    You never gave me the English language Palestinian Pro-Peace publications I asked for ? Check the post where I gave specific examples of what I was
    looking for.

Check my previous post also how I mentioned that Hamas WAS NOT the only
    one who glorified one way suicide missions on civillian targets. Hamas is
    not the only one with dirty hands.

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You could argue that Israel's advancement is at the expense of the Palestinians, and Israel is nothing but one big land grab.

Suicide-bombing is not a remnant of any 13th-century culture so far as I know.

Mirrored buildings with fancy designs or other manifestations of industrialization are not necessarily something to aspire for--the advancement of society is. Some societies advance by trading, some by manufacturing, some by educating, some by war. Lately, it seems to be outsourcing.

3. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Sure suicide bombin is absurd. But the MAJORITY of the Palestinian People
    support it. They are Hero's. Just like Osama the Llama.

The search. They brought it on themselves. Search Grandma from head to
    toe. Remember when you could board an airplane without going through an x-ray detector ? Who's actions brought the x-ray machines to the airport ?

A. The Boy Scouts
    B. The Cub Scouts
    C. Militant White Boys.
    D. The PLO

Answer is ? D

4. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

At the expense of Palestinians.

They have never done anything while they are on the land.
    They accomplish NOTHING.

5. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Cite one credible source that says the majority of the Palestinians support suicide bombing. That is a lie. Such egregiously false claims cast doubt on the rest of your statements.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Therefore you are entitled to their land and have free rein to mistreat them? Many would argue that you haven't done much with your land. Can I come take it?

7. ART360

ART360 Guest

Arab press is calling this a fake. They say the TV cameras were at the crossing for 2 hours before the kid appeared. Apparently, the Arabs point out that the kid was promised 100 shekels (sp) from an unknown person to do this, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

The most important issue however is what have they done to make these people so crazy. Remember that this land has been occuppied for about the last 40 years (a little less), and that the plight of these people has literally been in the Israeli hands for that time period. it's time to get off their land, and let them make what they will of their own abilities and land.

Art

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Zack: My question might have gotten lost in my own rhetoric, so i will put it this way: Granted, there is no winner here, and both sides have their extremists, but i understand that radical Palestinians call for the complete destruction of the state of Israel. It is that belief that i find repugnant, and for which i give them no support in their struggle. But, knowing of this belief, why are these extremists regarded as heros? Its one thing to fight for your land, its another to call for the extermination or eradication of a State and its people. How can this extreme view be accepted by pro-Palestinian factions in other parts of the world? Is it simply antisemitism? Is it reasonable to expect the Israelis to concede land, power, economic benefits, etc, and still call for their complete destruction?

As to the "silent majority" of peace loving Palestinians, i'm sure there are many there that would prefer a different, better life, and would, if it came to pass, begrudge no one. But, i also think that since Israel is blamed for their plight (rather than that complete scumbag, Arafat and his cronies), there is a "silent majority" of Palestinians who may desire nothing less than what their more radical brethern preach: Kill the Jews.

9. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

I will find if for you. I need a day or two.
    Please be patient.

Savlaahnewt = Patience in Hebrew.

Gig'em/LOL

10. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Sure Art I agree to get out of Azza and some parts of the West Bank.
    Let them build their own roads, electric plants, and economy.

But to bring back millions of Palestinians living abroad for years ?
    Nobody on the Israeli side has spoken about that. That will not happen.

Art Why did the Palestinians not want any independence from the Turks,
    Egyptians, and Jordanians ? Could it be that Jordan is Palestine ?
    They were very quiet before 1967.

11. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Ralfabco,
    I don't think I get your point when you repeatedly ask this question. Are you saying that the Palestinians are mistakenly fighting Israel for their land, when in fact, before 1967 they all lived in Jordan? Is this what you are saying? I am not sure, but if so, you are laughably off-base. I guess all the houses that the Palestinians lost to the Israelis (they can take you by the hand and lead you to them) all got up and moved by themselves in the middle of the night to Jerusalem.

And ralfabco, all the roads and powerplants that were destroyed by Israeli gunships and tanks...who should pay for rebuilding those? Or were they all part of a terrorist enterprise and therefore justifiably destroyed according to some law (a law that was no doubt passed by Israel)?

12. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I think you are asking if Israel should settle with those who call for its destruction. Right? If so, my response (and unfortunately, I do not have all the answers) would be that there are factions on each side calling for the destruction of the other. By extending the olive branch, you are bringing a lot more of the mainstream on your side, and providing less and less potential recruits to Hamas. Years of subjugation and hard-line policies have not quashed Hamas. In fact, they have only made it stronger.

By offering jobs and prosperity and opportunity to the Palestinians, you are more likely to marginalize the extremist groups like Hamas. Why would people believe their "Israel is evil" doctrine when the evidence of "Israel is not evil" is before their eyes. Right now, what Hamas claims about Israel is borne out daily.

Arafat and his scumbag cronies might have a lot to answer for, but so does Israel. It is wrong to hold Israel blameless and lay it all at Arafat's feet. In fact, playing the blame game is not productive. Improving the Palestinian's lot is. Decreasing the extremists' power base is. Ending settlements is. Building a security fence on your own land is. Diverting irrigation streams back on their original courses is. Allowing Palestinians to use their water as they wish is. Not destroying hospitals is. Not blocking exports of farm produce is. Not blockading truckloads of food until the shipments rot is. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

13. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The Palestinians had no national ambitions before 1967. Why ? They were
    and are to this day Jordanians. They represent the majority in Jordan.
    The Palestinian struggle for an independent nation was pushed to the front by the Arab League after the 1967 Six Day War. This was strictly for
    political purposes of course. Since the Arab League never cared about
    the Palestinians while the lived under Egyptian and Jordanian soverign rule
    before 1967.

The powerplants and other targets of opportunity are just what gets targeted during a war.

14. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Again, you are showing your utter lack of comprehension.

They were not a subjugated people before. There was no war for "freedom from Jordan" before. And had the Arab League not called them Palestinians, are you naive enough to think that today they would not be standing up to Israel? So why do you keep bringing this up? It has ZERO relevance.

Let me spell it out for you.

Before 1967, they were not being oppressed by Jordan. Since 1967, they have been oppressed by Israel.

Before 1967, no Jordanian ousted a Palestinian from his home and forcibly relocated him to a camp to live in squalor. Since 1967, this has been done countless times by Israel.

Before 1967, even though they were not called Palestinians, the people indigenous to the area now referred to as Israel were not engaged in a desperate fight for survival and recognition. Since 1967, they have been. Against Israel.

Before 1967, the Arab League did not care about them. After 1967, it paid lip service to their needs, but it was the best mouthpiece they had to the rest of the world. Had the Arab League not stood up for them, and regardless of whether it did so for ulterior motives, they would still be engaged in this resistance today.

1967, Jordan, Arab League. All irrelevant today.

Security, peace, stability, terrorism, Israel, Palestine, Middle East. In a big mess today.

If it's not fixed, it will have ramifications for the Arab world, US, European Community, Asia, you, me, everyone. It's all interconnected today so you can't avoid it. Do you get it yet?

15. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Zack: You see the Palis choose the military option. Let them keep their military option. It will do good for them. Palistinans are Jordanians. That is my opinion. I did not ask for yours.

They rejected Madrid, Oslo, Taba, and whatever other rediculous offers that
    were brought up by leftists. They picked up weapons and fought. When they pick up a weapon their should be a "Hot" IDF sniper on the roof that sends a 168 grain .308 bullet between their eyes from 700 meters. Of course they would never see it coming.

They rejected diplomacy and choose war. The Israeli government needs to treat this as such. It is a war. Realize their is no partner on the other side. It is a different culture. Pics of little boys carrying guns draped in green Jihad motifs. Hey the 13th century is over ! It is time to produce products for society. I want to walk in a store and see what millions and millions of Arabs produce forsale. I always come up short when I turn products upside down ~ and look. You see on the bottom: Made in Korea. Made in China. Made in Hungary. You never see a fax machine with the sticker. Made in Egypt. You do not see the computer keyboard with a Made in Jordan sticker.

It all comes back to post #1. What business do any "normal" people have sending a 14 year old mentally slow boy on a suicide mission ? Quite foreign to say the least ? There are no parallels in the civilized West !!! Just these types are so low; to drag children into the conflict.

Art these are not normal civilized people. Negotiate with whom Art ? You are joking Art ?

Art is trying to push for a civilized democratic solution based on free democratic principals. Art I assume that is what you are looking for ? Art I agree with you; if that is what you are looking for ? Art Israel is NOT in Europe or North America. As I mentioned before: Denmark or Norway are not going to dispatch kids to carry bombs against each other when political disagreements cannot be reached. No fake pregnant mommies carrying nasty things under their clothes. Lets wait for their free democratically elected peaceful govenment ( "if" and when ) to come to power. Just like in Argentina or Uruguay, It takes two to Tango.

16. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    OK then, what makes you think anyone is asking for your opinion?

17. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Because: I do not care what other people think or do not think about me or my posts.

I "may" answer a few of your requests here and there. Most of your opinions
    are quite rediculous ~ to say the least. What I choose to challenge are for
    other posters to see.

My posts are not for you. You have not figured that out yet ?

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The war on terrorizem is a complete FARCE!!!

You guys don't seem to understand that kids from day one are being brainwashed to do this type of thing. Weather or not the kid was 14 or 12 or 16, to them it is somthing that they must do!! And if they do not they are killed anyway and maybe even thier families aswell.

They do not know any better. They have know idea that anything outside of the world they have been showen exsists!!. This is all they were told they were here to do.

How the hell can you battle somthing like that? You can't. As long as there are countries that want land, money, freedom, and have a religous leaders who are extremeists then you will have terrorizim. This is somthing that will not go away at all.

It's only going to get worse and worse. These people who send poepl to blow themselves up, have never had the amount of power that they do now over the world. Peopl are living in fear because of this stuff. We have the media to blame for that mostly, but that fact remains this is a war that cannot be won. As long as you have different religens and people who own land that sombody things they shouldn't, they you will have terrorizem.

You can win this war with all the bombs and guns in the world. It will just keep comming back and twice as hard as before.

19. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    It seems to me that you are the one who can't figure anything out. My posts are here for others to see as well. I refuted your crap point by point and ultimately it frustrated you enough that you resorted to cheap shots. Nice.

At least you have stopped parrotting on about 1967 and Jordan. Thank you for realizing how irrelevant that is to today's conflict.

Shalom.

20. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    tbakowsky,
    while it may never go away completely, you can battle terrorism in the ways outlined above and make it into a much, much smaller problem than it is today. Take away oppression, poverty, and despair and you will breed a lot less terrorism.

You are incorrect in your statements about the kids being brainwashed from childhood. In the case of the Palestinian suicide bombers, they usually come from middle-class (by Palestinian standards) families and have had fairly regular lives. They see and feel enough suffering and humiliation to volunteer for these missions without telling their families.

I think you are talking about the Taliban...which is different. They take in destitute kids and give them schooling and a way of life based on Islamic extremism. Solution there is "de-programming" just like you deal with someone who's been brainwashed by a cult.

21. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

1967 and Jordan ? As I mentioned it is my opinion (for others to see ~
    of couse ) that Jordan "is" Palestine. The Palestinians or whatever are
    over 60% of the population. My material is not crap. Trying to suggest
    that people leave the 13th Century is "not" crap.

Shalom ?

Hey do not leave so fast. It is only around 03:15 AM in Cyprus.

Gig'em/LOL

22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Just remember Tom:

This is not a conflict between two different "free" and democratically elected societies. It is not like a problem between Belgium and The Netherlands. They would resolve their problems through negotiations. If negotiations broke down, I seriously doubt one would dispatch a 14 year old slow boy on
    a one way mission carrying explosives ?

But hey you already knew that !!

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yes Sir(!) & Thanks. My profile says "Aspiring Writer" - I think it'll stay that way even if I become a recognized pen-wielder.

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Still babaling on about s**t, i see Wax.LOL!!!

25. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S