360 - Idle sounds weird while rolling | FerrariChat

360 Idle sounds weird while rolling

Discussion in '360/430' started by Burli81, Aug 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Burli81

Burli81 Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Austria
    Hi,
    My euro 2003 360 gated manual works perfectly and idles smooth.

The only thing it does all the time is quite strange behavior:

When rolling to a stop with clutch depressed the idle sounds very weird. Like it is hunting for the idle point but you cannot really see it on the Rev counter. The moment you stop the car and the speedometer goes to zero, it magically idles and purrs perfectly.

Can anyone with a gated 360 observe the same behavior?

Greets from Austria,
    Ingo

2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I noticed a sort of "burble" when coming to a stop as well. I suspect it's just part of what the engine does. I've had my car about a year and it always does that. Seems to dip, do a burble and then becomes even as I roll to a stop. I don't know if the clutch has anything to do with it. It may. The ECU knows when the clutch is pressed. It may react to that action.

Burli81 likes this.
  3. Burli81

Burli81 Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Austria
    Thank you very much, Exactly that is what mine does. So should be fine. Will do a vacuum or intake leak test anyway but probably it is fine.

Best,
    Ingo

4. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Mine started doing the exact same thing in 2012..
    I have changed numerous items MAF sensors, ignition coils, spark plugs, Oxygen Sensors, intake manifold gasket, etc etc
    but with no results...
    While driving, I shift into neutral, the car coasts to traffic light and the rpm falls at about 500-600rpm for a few seconds and then they come back to 1100rpm which is normal idle speed... Weird

Burli81 likes this.