If this is true, I feel bad for Cayenne owners. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

If this is true, I feel bad for Cayenne owners.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    You bought a lemon which can happen with any manufacturer. Super V8's are very rare, special order only, and as a result, not a regular build car (read, problematic and quirky). They either sit in people's garages or they sit on the lots, in either case, the best Super V8 is a private sale that has been driven. Did you research it or decide to take the bath and get out of it as quickly as possible?

http://cartalk.cars.com/Got-A-Car/Lemon/States/lemon_texas.html

Go for the Bentley Continental GT! :)

Sunny

2. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I bought it new as gift to my wife before she delivered my daughter. She was on bedrest for 14 weeks, figured she needed a pick-me-up. '01 Super, Titanium/cream, gorgeous, fast, driven daily for 4mos, 5k miles, had wheel shimmy that new CATS bushings/software, new Yoko AVS dB's, and road force balancing wouldn't get out. Our Callaway Range Rover with 285/50 Yokes never had a shimmy, and I took it off road constantly. I drove dealer principals car as well, came in same day as ours, same problem. The build quality sucked, not bespoke, just not finished, and Jaguar factory rep assumed we should be grateful to have the car. We have had 3 C-types(028,050,053); 2 D-types (513,540?), 2 XK-SS(0766 and i forget, was at auction last year). Super isn't special, or rare. Those were. I dumped a 90K car for 66k. They lost more than that on the lifetime purchases I'll make. 18 drivers purchased in 6 years, 72 cars kept longer than 6 mos since I turned 16. 'bout 3/year.

Cont GT just isn't it yet. I grew up around a couple BC47's and the panache isn't there. Fast, pretty, but lacking. Great effort though. Aston and Fisker will get my $.

FWIW
    Lee

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thats a horrible story. XK-SS? What? Please tell me you have digital pictures somewhere That must have been incredible, oh, how I envy you.

Back to the Porsche, I'm sad to see the 'pepper wagon' but if it was necessary to keep them independent, it could have been worse.

Sunny

4. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    After looking at that chart Im glad I bought a Lexus SUV.
    But to me the Porsche SUV looks awsome. Its fast, handles good for SUV, and If they devalue fast, good I will be able to buy a used one then.

By the way, who ever said its the same as a vw is not correct.
    Different engine, VW has a 6cyl. Porsche's a V8.

450 hp really think about that. Thats more than a 360.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Lee: the brilliance of Fisker has yet to come, I think. Two brilliantly shining examples so far, but I think we've yet to see his best (although that premier is quite a pinnacle design!).

--Dan

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm sure the Porsche dealers are happy: Sell it for $68k, trade it in for $42k credit a few mos later, resell it for $55k.