If your car won't sell, put the price up! | FerrariChat

If your car won't sell, put the price up!

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Jan 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    There is a number of Dinos for sale in the UK just now that have been unsold at the same asking price for quite a long time. These two, however, have been around for over a year and now the price is going up!

https://www.nickcartwright.com/car_sales/ferrari-246-gt/ was originally asking £400K, then reduced to £350K, then to £320K (December 2017), but now is back to £365K.

https://www.nickcartwright.com/car_sales/ferrari-246-gt-flares/ was available for £550K in December 2017 and is now asking £595K.

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    DK engineering had a very nice 246 C&F GT for sale at £595K and its now sold so looks like it set a precedence for Cartwrights car, hence the increase I suspect

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    This one?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    John, looks like it.
    If it sold for 595K, my car may be on the market soon as its the sister to that one
    Tony

5. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    this raises a question for me - how many DINOS are here in the states compared to Europe and the UK?

The market overseas has to be relative to the supply - I have bought and sold a lot of cars and never have I bought one internationally.

When I was looking to buy my Dino - I read the ads for cars in London and I just moved on. Seemed risky and hassle-laden.

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I think it would also be interesting to know how many Euro Spec Dinos are in the U.S.. Some states such as California now make it difficult to register these vehicles if you bring them in now. Makes those that are already legally registered even more rare.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Certainly a very nice looking car, but I would be amazed if they got their price for it.