I'll pay $800 For Someone to Get My Headlight Covers Off | FerrariChat

I'll pay $800 For Someone to Get My Headlight Covers Off

Discussion in '612/599' started by Mark Carbone, Jul 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone
    I posted a few days ago asking if anyone knows anyone. I found a couple great guys but they are busy. Does anyone know anyone who is a pro who could get my headlight housing off so I can get the ugly silver and gray parts of the headlights blacked out.

This is my car below. What I'm trying to do, is update my light how the better GTO lights were done. See image below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

defros likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think he wants to remove the lens to paint the housing a different color. Not buy an entire headlight assembly. Basically what this guy did, but instead of just cleaning the lens repaint the inside. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/430-scud-carbon-headlight-surgery-restoration.587145/

Mark Carbone likes this.
  4. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone
    Thanks for clarity BMW.SauberF1Team. That's what I'm looking for, for someone to take the 2 to 3 hours to get the headlight cover off and then a few hours to get it back on for me. I was surprised that I could get the actual GTO lights carbon fibered for $4,000 for both lights. That seems reasonable but I don't know if a GTO light module will connect and fit a GTB.

5. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone

George,
    Have you done any mods to your 599? I'm very close to pulling the trigger to redo entire suspension with the more advanced KW with hydraulics. I know I'll lose in car shows and authentic collectors will not like me doing this when I sell, but what's your take on this? I'll keep all the factory parts just in case. My original struts are starting to go so I need to replace suspension anyway.

vraa likes this.
  6. Mark Carbone

Mark Carbone Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Cocoa Beach
    Full Name:
    Mark A Carbone
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That's a question for Taz.

8. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Have you talked to these guys yet? They do headlight restoration and customization, seems right up their wheelhouse.
    https://oneightynyc.com/#services

9. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010