Imola Racing Fuel Cooling? | FerrariChat

Imola Racing Fuel Cooling?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ewright, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Hey everyone,

I was flipping through this months Forza magazine and saw an article about Imola Racing and the tuning they offer for the F355 and Modena. One of the more unique modifications they offer is a fuel cooling system which uses the modena's AC system to lower the temperature of the fuel; they claim this nets a 19hp gain because they are able to use more aggressive ignition timing. I haven't heard about this type of system every being used before, and I was wondering whether anyone here can offer more information or possibly first hand experience about this modification. Thanks!

ernie:)

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  3. FeRRaRi gt

FeRRaRi gt Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    sounds good

4. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    as i read these threads the common denominator for the 360 is heat in the eng. compartment.fuel cooling better flow in the eng. compartment.just a wild ass thought.what if you slotted the bottom panel under the eng.and made a sheet metal vent which would create a vacuum and suck the hot air out.how long how wide is only a guess.i tried to create a dwg.of what i had in mind but failed.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
  6. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    rob,

sorry about that! ill make sure to search the archives.

ernie:)

7. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    sorry no -just don't get -no -did search the previous threads-could not find anything.how many threads get repeated on this site.quite a few.appreciate your response.next time i will do more research.have a good day. van