Improving the lights on a F430 | FerrariChat

Improving the lights on a F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by msgm1, Apr 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Has anyone been able to improve the lights, both low and high been on their 430. For xenon lights they do not seen very bright to me...?

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    First time I hear someone complaining from F430 lights.

3. Marbella

Marbella Formula 3

Aug 27, 2007
    Marbella
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    To be honnest, i think the same, the lights are not verry bright comparing my other cars with xenon.
    On the other side, i don't drive the F during the night, or only a short drive home....

4. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    I never thought the lights were dim, but I'm usually driving where there are street lights and all sorts of ambient light.

Now I need to go find a dark road, at night :)

Frank

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    They are adequate for driving within the speed limit, but if you are going quickly, they aren't adequate. I'd like to get mine improved also, anyone with any ideas?

Art

6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I have no complaints with the OEM'S!!....but I don't have the need to see at the car's limit.

7. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    WOW! this thread is a shock to me. The 430 lights are ridiculously way TOO bright imo. I had an 05 and couldnt even drive down the street without people flashing me and beeping cos they were too bright and the same with my 07. I even asked the dealer for help thinking maybe they were not aligned properly. They were, they are just very bright lights is the answer I got. I think they are excessively bright and would like to tone them down some if possible.

8. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob

+1 Drive down a private and very curvy road home (2 miles) that has virtually no lights except those shining on lawns-trees, and I can can go at speed without concern. Best