[in the news] Saleen warranties aren't expired, just no longer honored. | FerrariChat

[in the news] Saleen warranties aren't expired, just no longer honored.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Schatten, Mar 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/09/report-saleen-inc-disolves-warranties-new-owner-takes-over

2. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    wow even more reason to run out there and buy one!

3. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Crud, that was the group that I sort of hoped would buy the Viper production rights...

Well, maybe Hennessey?

4. TF142

TF142 Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Universal City, TX
    Full Name:
    Tyler F
    Ouch, I would certainly hate to be an owner of a Saleen at the moment, as this is definitely not good news. I wonder how much a hit the dealers with unsold units will take?

5. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    The group that purchased certain assests from the "Hancock Park Assc. Saleen Inc." was MJ Acquisitions, and there was/is some talk of them buying the Viper line.

HPA/Saleen Inc. was responsible for the warranty claims on the cars that had been built. Now it looks like Saleen Inc. has filed Chapter 7, and thus they are not being honored.

All inquiries regarding these and other financial claims for Saleen, Inc. should go to Jaimee L. Witten of Bodman LLP at (313) 392-1045.

As for a new Saleen, the Ford warranty is still in effect on some parts, and one could always negotiate a discount to cover an aftermarket warranty on the entire car including the saleen parts.

ME <--- has a few Saleens

6. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    So if these jokers do start up Saleen again, why would anyone want to purchase a car from them. They obviously do not care about anyone who has purchased one so far.

Darrell.

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    People still buy Lamborghini's.

8. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO &amp; SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.

Saleen Inc. is closing their doors. MJ (who bought the rights to the Saleen cars and aftermarket, but not the S7, S5 Raptor or paint booth...) did not buy the "responsibility of existing warranty claims".

9. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    The cars would still car the Ford warranty on Ford parts, just the saleen installed parts would be SOL ....

10. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO &amp; SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    With Saleen "flashing" the computer, a whole can of worms is opened as to what might have caused an engine failure. Not to mention if the motor is a 302ci Saleen motor that Ford had nothing to do with...

I can see this call being made:
    Sir, the good news is there was just one Saleen part that failed. The bad news is it was your $30,000 Saleen engine...

11. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Two months ago I swapped in a brake conversion kit I ordered thru Saleen. Fittings were wrong and one spindle had a defect. When I called them, they wouldn't help and referred me to Ford. Ford corrected the spindle but on my dime to ship and I had to obtain the correct fittings from the local auto parts store. So much for Saleen customer service cause there isn't any.