Incoming 348 TS ! Need a few opinions | FerrariChat

Incoming 348 TS ! Need a few opinions

Discussion in '348/355' started by Actualizer, Nov 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Hello my amazing peer group
    Just bought my favorite design FERRARI 348 TS 1991 Red in Cream.
    Will be posting pics as it’s trucked over next week.
    3 upgrades that I have pre planned . These are optional , 2 are functional , 1 is cosmetic So please advice of your thoughts .

1. See attached info on KW Springs with customized suspension lifter . This can lift car upto 45 mm. Australian roads , entryways and pavements do not follow a code and notorious for being elevated and inconsistent . The car’s front spoiler already repaired and still a bit damaged from rubbing . Any opinions ? Would these be worthwhile ? Any real life experience with these ?
    2. You guessed it right . Considering exhaust change . Why not . This is a second car and bought for some fun , as I’m strictly an OEM man otherwise when it comes to my 488 Spyder. My 2 d finalists are Kreissig and Capristo …based only in YouTube videos . But I’m told that Kreissig not as robust quality and finishing compared to Capristo plus , atleast in Australia, Japanese origin exhausts not very common as after sales parts and repairs a bit PiA ! Yet , on YouTube atleast , Kreissig sound more “Ferrari-ish F1”. Any advise from real life experience please ?
    3. Lastly , I came across these USA made CF wheels which appear identical to the 348 wheel design. I’ve never heard of this company . Thoughts and advise please ?
    Thanks in anticipation guys !
    Best
    Ash
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I've got a Capristo which I love but be warned they are loud! They are beautifully made with perfect welds so are cosmetically better than any other exhaust. If you are buying new and can afford it I would buy the valved version with the remote control which is a lot more neighbor friendly :)

Each to their own but I'm not keen on those Carbon wheels. Have you considered the Speedline Challenge wheels? I was watching a video about speccing a 458 (I think) and they mentioned that if you curb a carbon wheel it cant be repaired - maybe double check about that before considering and do check you can buy individuals in case one gets damaged.

Anyway, just my opinion but get some pics up! :)

Capristo and decats...

Actualizer likes this.
  3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You state you are adding a lift kit to deal with Australian roads. CF wheels are contrary to use on roads that need suspension lifting devices.

Actualizer likes this.
  4. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

…more like kerbs , entryways and garages etc …not roads per se.

5. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

thanks ! Valves version it is than ! with CATS or not ? Car doesn’t have cats at present . Thanks

6. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Actualizer likes this.
  7. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    It’s pretty clear from 20 seconds on their site that they won’t fit in your 348.

Actualizer likes this.
  8. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It's only the early design that hangs low and I agree looks awful. However, the later design doesn't hang low at all and can't be seen.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ChoonHound likes this.
  9. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    ^ very good. I hadn’t seen that version

10. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    OP may appreciate this thread...

If you do go ahead with it take the opportunity to swap all the nuts, bolts, etc for stainless ones.

Actualizer likes this.
  11. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well I was going to respond but @348Jeff pretty much said everything word for word so no need for redundancy :cool::cool:

Congratulations on the 348- Opinions on 348s are polarized- I for one love them and was 99% done on adding a Giallo 348 TS to the stable to be a sibling to my 355 but backed out (regret it now)- Anyway I have Capristo on my 355 and love it and agree that the Speedlines look great on 348s.

Post pics and Congratulations :cool:

Actualizer likes this.
  12. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks. Checking Speedlines out now

13. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    More tire choices with the Speedlines

Attached Files: