Inside Massimo Bottura’s new Ferrari restaurant Cavallino in Maranello | FerrariChat

Inside Massimo Bottura’s new Ferrari restaurant Cavallino in Maranello

Discussion in 'Travel' started by NYC Fred, Feb 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There is a full thread elsewhere in Fchat about this disaster.

jdlegg and crinoid like this.
  2. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    OUCH:eek:

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    In my opinion Cavallino restaurant is much better than before: food is top level and prices are the same as Montana restaurant, that is not in Maranello nor in front of Ferrari historic gate like this one is.

For me the new Cavallino is the #1 restaurant in Maranello

ciao

Dai Baracca and SAFE4NOW like this.
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Disagree. Re food I trust those who have been and found it pretentious and disappointing.

Re decoration I don't like it at all, looks like a school or factory lunch hall.

Montana, Zelmira and a few others I will keep to myself will remain my selection.

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Cavallino actually was the factory lunch hall. I respect your opinion and please do the same with mine: I already had lunch at the new Cavallino and I was at Montana many times. I by far prefer the Cavallino: only my personal opinion, of course.

Ciao

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Of course I respect your opinion and everybody knows the history behind the former Cavallino restaurant but to each his own, buon appetito:)

Albert-LP likes this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I like Massimo Bouttura - Osteria Franchescanna is great, so assuming Cavallino will be as well. the last time we were at Cavallino it was good. first time terrible, so i i think it was hit or miss... they were taking advantage of the Ferrari tourists. Montana is very good and traditional. I think with Ferrari's upmarket clientele, Bottura is much more in line with expectations. the Service at Cavallino was uniformly terrible, so hope that has improved.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I will be there in two months will report back;)

Alcav5 likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Cavallino now is am excellent restaurant also as service: forget the old one, as now it's another thing.

Ciao

Dai Baracca and arizonaitalian like this.
  10. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Good to Hear! I will be there on Monday for lunch;)

11. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    So just got back from Italia, wow what a good time. I stayed pretty much in my home region of emilia-romagna: Parma;Bologna;Rimini.
    with day trips to Maranello, Modena, Riccione.
    I ate at Cavallino. The service & food were very good. The decor was "modern-Ferrari" nice automotive touches around, though they were lost on my wife.
    will post up pics of food & place after the weekend. As an FYI, I went on a Monday, and the place was 3/4 full for lunch by the time I left (was there at noon). I wasn't rushed, the prices were not exaggerated, especially for the wine

12. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    The dish pictured was their take on Vitello Tonnato, more like a tartare, but very good. Execution was clearly not traditional but the flavors were all there. Drank an Arpepe Rosso Valtellina, I enjoy their wines.
    We both had pasta, my wife a tagliolini Ragu & myself Tortellini di carne. They were so good I didn’t snap a picture

Nembo1777 likes this.