Installed Scud ing Swiss tail lights | FerrariChat

Installed Scud ing Swiss tail lights

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Bob, Oct 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I just installed Scud ing Swiss LED taillights and 3rd brake light. The front turn signal is also LED. The 3rd brake light can be installed to flash, intensity can be changed etc. I have mine at highest intensity and flashes 3 times before going steady. If the brakes are reapplied within 10 secs it won't flash just a steady light. This time interval can also be adjusted. The intensity of light is incredible. They are a really bright red instead of the orange tint of the stock lights. The lights come on instantly instead of the small delay of bulbs. They look like they belong on an emergency vehicle. It really makes the car more like a modern car with the LEDs. Quality is fantastic along with customer service. When the parking lights or headlights are on, all four rear lights light up instead of just the two outer. When brakes are applied all four light up instead of just the two middle lights. Rear reverse is 4 times as bright. Look at their website for pictures.

Yassa likes this.
  2. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

blu328gts likes this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Love the modified bumper / exhaust :)

blu328gts likes this.
  4. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    +1 sexy mod

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Nice mod, these need more rear visibility for sure

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    He's running a gothspeed exhaust.

steved033 likes this.
  7. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Is there any trick to getting the third brake light module out? I've been studying mine and don't see any obvious, easy, way to do it.

8. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Easy on a 95. Remove the cord like trim piece, unbolt the trim that contains the F355 script, and pull it out. Not sure if the same on other years.

Remove the cord like trim piece,it pulls right off. From inside the engine compartment remove the 3 or 4 screws that hold the trim piece that contains the F35t script and just pull out that trim piece. The light will come with it. Disconnect the harness. The light is held on the trim piece by 2 nuts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

#9 F355Bob, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Yassa likes this.
  10. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Ok ok ok....

How about some pictures of the mods on this car!!!! I see kevlar/cf everywhere and a custom intake box and wrinkle painted trumpet covers?

Lets see the details on this one!

11. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Thanks for the info. It was helpful, but I have a '98 GTB, and the attachment is slightly different. Instead of that a cloth trim, there is a metal piece that is rivited at either end. To get this trim piece off, I'll have to drill out the rivets, which I was hoping to avoid.

jooooooo-00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

12. Redlyne_mr2

Redlyne_mr2 Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2009
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Love it, do you have a link to where we can purchase these?

13. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Scud Ing Swiss is the website

14. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    Hi Bruce, unfortunately the rivets will have to be drilled out. Here is a copy of the post that describes this procedure. It is from an old post (I cannot recall who wrote it up and when) so it still recommends replacement with standard bulbs. I have done it on mine and it is really no big deal.

"Third Brake Light Replacement:

"For all 355 owners: IF your third brake light (one of seven or more) goes out on you here is a tip. Left and right of the upper molding - drill out the rivets. Then remove the four screws on top. Remove assembly. Unsnap the light bar using a small screw driver to wedge it in and it comes apart exactly in half. Replace bulbs... Car Quest ...Sylvania 2723 bulbs $1.09 each (7 of them). Reassembled in reverse, installed new rivets, and painted them gloss black with a little Testor's modeling paint from the local hardware store."

HTH

15. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Alex,
    Thanks for the added info. I've been thinking of upgrading my taillights to the Scuding Swiss LEDs for some time. I think I'll go ahead now and order the kit.
    Bruce

AVMotorsport likes this.
  16. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Bruce, let me know if I can help if you have any issues with the install.

17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Bruce - my challenge grill install guide shows the rivet info. I'll email it to you.

18. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I'm thinking about getting a set of the Scud Ing tail lights. With the increased intensity of the reverse lights, has anyone who has installed this upgrade seen any slight melting of the rear lenses?

19. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    That's one of the reasons for installing LED lights on the 355. Lower operating temperatures. LEDs need heatsinks, but they are further away from the lens.

20. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I ask because I live on a small hill and have to back down into my garage. I have LED reverse lights from SuperbrightLEDs and they still melted my lenses. Just wondering if the Scud Ing LEDs run cooler or are farther away from the lenses?

Qavion likes this.
  21. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    ScudIng seems to be a reputable company with good customer service. Perhaps you could ask them?

Sorry to hear about your lenses.

22. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

The light from the back up lights is intense. It is really bright. There is no danger of lense melting. Very high quality and brings the pathetic taillights of the 355 into modern car standards