interesting video | FerrariChat

interesting video

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by racerx, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
  2. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    there is no better demonstration of the need for an add on turbo for the Ferrari.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Why would anyone in their right mind buy an F360 and go drag racing?

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    After losing at Daytona to a P car last year 360 owners might have thought they'd have better chance drag racing.

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I think I'll coin a new term.....high class white trash Japanese.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have no idea - there's a video put out from the same Japanese that has a Mclaren drag racing. go figure

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Sweet!

That thing got a Hemi in it?

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
  9. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    As to that video clip, i get a kick out of the announcer and the editing is superb. Many other interesting videos on that latvian site, major league bandwidth.

But as to why drag race probably best answered by different strokes for different folks. Why race at a course and beat the hell out of expensive autos when you could get much more sensation out of a 10,000 kawasaki, why drive fast on deserted roads, etc.

I like to drive quickly on twisty country roads with other exotics enjoying the sensation, the beauty of the road, the sound and the feel of my car handling as i drive it, and the company of other like minded people. It does not matter to me about best 0-60 times and not at all about top speed. For me the bottom line is handling and 30-90 get-up. I don't put anyone else at risk and don't go 10/10's like some of you trackers. The best i can say is enjoy the looks and sound of your car, improve its handling and appreciate others for their choices. It does not matter if the 360 gets edged out, i'm sure the owner enjoys every minute of driving it.

For the preachers beware and use your head

http://www.lad.lv/~martini/porsche/Videos/crash.mpeg

T

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    actually this is a fairly old clip from one of the Best of Motoring videos. They do various track comparisons between cars and drag racing might be one of them to get a street light performance rating as well. Lots of various car comparisons and great overall view, especially when in translation. So why drag race it? I dunno, I'm baffled myself, but head-to-head, it works very well how they do it with professional drivers.

11. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill

racerx,

what kind of car is in that clip?

12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I think its an Impreza or WRX.

13. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    I don't really know. It has to be fairly recent with the console on the roof but the crash did not set off airbaags whether it would or it is disabled. It looks to have an oem steering wheel but no markings that i can see. I can't see the guages to tell if its porsche. But its a rather quiet engine which to me means a 6 or less.

For sound comparison check out this video my model (928) against a 360. Great bit of action.

http://www.lad.lv/~martini/porsche/Videos/928passingferarri.mpeg

T