Interior room of 570 vs Ferrari 360/430/458 vs Lambo | FerrariChat

Interior room of 570 vs Ferrari 360/430/458 vs Lambo

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Robb, Nov 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I ask for the comparison because the 360 I owned seemed to have a huge amount of room inside. That’s a good thing as at 6’1”, my previous and other v8 Ferraris (328/355) seem tight inside. So I am guessing the 430 and 458 are very similar in size inside to the 360 and seem to have plenty of room.

I briefly sat in a 570 and felt like it had less interior room even though exterior dimensions are very close to the Ferrari models.

who can explain the similarities or differences? Also curious about gallardo and hurican which also seem on the tight side.

the McLaren Scottsdale sales guy also said that the 570 had more room than the 650s. Don’t both models use the same tub hence the same interior room?

thanks for the input.

Robb

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I went from a 430 to a 570S spider, I am 6'1", the interior on the 570 is definitely smaller, and tighter. That is because the doors are roughly 1 foot thick either side so you sit in car more central way better for handling and driving purposes. But you are basically shoulder to shoulder with passenger, it can feels a bot small especially with another person your size in car. Also a passenger that is 6 feet tall or more will feel cramped in the passenger seat as foot well is shorter.

Don't get me wrong the 570 was a brilliant car it is leaps and bounds ahead of a 360/430 it is quicker than a 458 just as fast as a Lambo Huracan, if you are 6'1"you can not fit in a Huracan spider.

The 720S is a larger vehicle all around and feels more special that is a main reason I moved on up to the 720, that and it's Unholy speed :cool:

Robb likes this.
  3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thanks for the info. I get the shoulder to shoulder tightness with the doors. How about legroom compared to the Ferraris mentioned?

I seemed to have plenty of room in front of my feet and behind the seat in the 360...

Robb

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I fit just fine in the 570 spider, the seat was not all the way back, I am 6'1" I didn't fit that well in my 430 spider, I had to buy racing seats in order to fit properly.

Robb likes this.
  5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I have had all 4 (360, 458, Gallardo and 570S spider) and although I am only 5'5" I agree with NightLife: the 570S is the tightest, followed by the Gallardo. Maybe not a 100% fair comparison because only the 570S is a spider

Robb likes this.
  6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I appreciate the replies.

I am getting to the point where I value comfort. Squeezing into smaller cars is less on my wishlist. So I’ll try all these on but whichever feels great inside and not cramped is the way I’ll go.

Robb

7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    To me, the Ferraris listed all feel roomy. I had a 600LT spider for the last year that I just traded for a 720 spider. I absolutely loved the 600LT, but the interior is very tight. At first it was very engaging, but after a while felt more claustrophobic and just small inside. The 720 feels huge in comparison.

Robb likes this.