Internet Explorer Question re pics | FerrariChat

Internet Explorer Question re pics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Texas Forever, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm hoping that you more computer literate types will be able to help me here. Before I upgraded my IE software, I used to be able to download pics from the net by right clicking and saving as a jpg file. Now whenever I do this, IE want to save a pic as a bmp file. Actually, I don't recall care that much as to the difference expect that bmp files automaticallly come up with the name "untitled." JPG file, on the other hand, automatically use the name of the pic.

S-o-o, how do I change the default option to go back to using the JPG file format? Right now, IE doesn't give me a choice and the Help section is, well, not very much help.

Thanks in advance, Dale

2. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Your temp directory is probably full. Go to 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> 'Delete Files'. After that is done, you should restart IE. It should then save the files as jpeg's with names.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow! Thanks so much. I figured that I was something relatively straight forward, but I would have never figured it out.

I owe you one, Dale