iPhone 6 batt replacement | FerrariChat

iPhone 6 batt replacement

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 11506apollo, Oct 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I will pay Apple $30 this week to replace the battery of my 3 yrs old iPhone 6, just to see what happens.
    Has anyone done this? Will new battery really make the phone last for a day, or it won't make a difference and it last for a an hour or so? tkx

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have the same issue. Let me know how it works out if you do it.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I did the battery replacement earlier this year on my old iPhone 6. It did improve battery life moderately, say 25%. When the new iPhone Xr was announced I picked up an iPhone 8 since they dropped the price $100. I traded my old 6 on it and got a $75 trade on that. The battery life on the 8 is far superior to the 6 even after the battery replacement.

4. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Duane.
    Thanks for the response.
    Did you do the trade using an Apple store, or using your phone service provider store?
    I wonder if the discount and trade $ are only offered at one of those.
    Thanks.

5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Apple store. The discount dovetailed through to most carriers. But you can trade in your used iPhone at Apple and they give you a price reduction.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    same here. moderate increase in battery life.

my gf changed hers and it was night and day different, but her battery was in much worse condition than mine.

either way it's worth the $30 if you intend on keeping the phone through another iphone release cycle. otherwise just upgrade now.

7. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    I'm planning to replace my iPhone 6 early next year with the original iPhoneX or the Huawei Mate20.

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I just can't get around having no jack for headphones. Am I wrong to think this?

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    The Lightning jack is fine. With the better battery life no need to be plugged in to charge and headset plugged in.