iPod function on iPhone X | FerrariChat

iPod function on iPhone X

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Mafiaboy1975, Nov 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    My iPod function on my iPhone X won’t work for some reason. Was fine just the other day. No update between now and then.

Just keep getting a error on the infotainment screen. “Device unplayable“. Tried to reinstall app same problem.

Music via Bluetooth works fine. Anyone know a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    are you talking about apple carplay?

Try to charge your battery first (both car's and phone's) and kill all the apps on iphone and restart it. Then try the next day. Solves many issues.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Have you reset your iPhone?

with the phone unlocked do the following- press:

1. Volume up; let go; then
    2. Volume down; let go; then
    3. the right side button and keep holding until the screen goes blank and keep holding until you see the Apple logo-

You won't lose any data, but it will force the phone to reset itself. This usually cures problems with the iPhone (kind of like the iPhone version of ctrl-alt-del from Windows).

4. Mafiaboy1975

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Thanks guys, tried a few options as well as disconnecting battery. Still the same. Will go past Ferrari in the week and let them check it, maybe just that the infotainment has a software clutch

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Can you play the music on your iPhone when it is not connected to your car? Do you have another iOS device you can try with your car?

R J likes this.
  6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I had this problem. Turned out, for me, that when I restored the new phone from my laptop back-up, it brought over a movie file that I had downloaded from Apple but which became corrupted in the backup. I reset the phone completely, deleting all data. Then set phone up as new and downloaded everything from cloud not laptop. The problem went away and the phone would connect as an iPod in the car again. Can’t say whether you have the same problem. Could be totally unrelated so may just waste your time.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    @Caeruleus11 makes a good point. Worth checking another iOS device to see if it is your phone, at least it will help you diagnose where the problem is. Car or iPhone.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Mafiaboy1975

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Thanks. I tried another phone it works but won’t forward. I’ll wipe my phone and try again sometime when I get a gap, for now will just play muscly is Bluetooth . Will let you guys know if it works.

9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    R J makes a point that jogs my memory- it could be a corrupted file of any type that can cause this problem. Also- do you have any playlists or songs with an emoji or other "non-standard" character in the title? I once had a corrupted image on my iPhone that was causing it to hang, and I once had a playlist with a smile face which caused the 458 to hang.

10. Mafiaboy1975

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Ok guys.

Got a new iPhone 11 Pro. Set it up from scratch and did not restore a back up.

Working perfect now

Thanks for the help.

M

R J likes this.