Irritating short | FerrariChat

Irritating short

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by the head, Mar 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the head

the head Karting

Mar 6, 2008
    Des Moines IA
    Full Name:
    J. Hedden
    My cat temp (slow down 1-6) light keeps flickering on and off along with the irritating buzzer that it is wired to. I am running test pipes and have the sensor and the control modules disconnected and shrink tube sealed so I know those are not causing this light which means there is a problem with the wire somewhere in the length of the chassis. Since this sensor is no longer hooked up I have decided to just disconnect the wires from the fuse panel. My issue with that is I do not have the necessary wiring diagrams to figure out where on the fuse panel these are hooked up or what colors they are. Can anyone provide me with the pins/color/location of these wires? Or the diagrams to find them myself?

The car is an 89 Testarossa

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Do you mean that you have both the thermocouples and the 4-pin connectors unhooked from the warning light ECUs (and the pins in the harness connectors well-protected from touching anything else)?

These circuits (to turn on the warning lights and sound the buzzer) don't pass thru the fuse-relay panel -- i.e., they pass thru connectors in the passenger footwell. Alternatively, you could unplug the buzzer (mounted behind the fuse-relay panel) if you don't mind also losing the buzzer function for indicating no oil pressure.

Send me a PM with your email address, and I will send you the relevant pages/information (if you already have the 4-pin connectors unplugged and well-protected and confirm that their wires are not shorted to anything near the ECUs -- make sure the cover isn't pinching or cutting a wire).