Is it a bad time to buy a 360 (F1)? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Is it a bad time to buy a 360 (F1)?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Vol34, Jul 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    The trend is toward 6 speed gated cars. They only made some 675 units because everyone wanted the F1 cars when they came out. The 6 speeds are going up fast. The spiders are going up faster. I predicted that the Daytona would sore in its day and so with the Lusso. I made big in both cars in spite of a lot of criticism. I enjoyed driving both cars and had a great return. I suspect the 360 gated spider will do the same. I predict the gated spider will hit at least 375k in the next few years. Ok now I’m ready to be blasted.

2. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I think 375k is a pipe dream for a 6 spd 360 spyder. The rarer F430 6 spds are still $200-250k. I think what is more likely is the 360 will chase the F355 in terms of price. Now it is rare to see any F355 coupe less than $100k

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shark01 and EastMemphis like this.
  3. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    That's what I heard about my Lusso. The naysayers said it couldn't happen with the Lusso. There are a number of factors why the Lusso took off but that is a different subject. Do the search and you'll find me here. The highest price for a Lusso sold for 3M in 2014. No one except a few of us thought it could go this high. Granted it was the flavor of the month and I don't take credit for the exponential rise but I predicted it would escalate. Same was true for the Daytona in 2006. I have been doing this for 50 years and broken even once. The 360 and 430 are different cars. It's like comparing Google and Amazon. You don't compare them. You invest on their own merits. I could be wrong this time. Now I believe it's time to buy back the Lusso.

one4torque and ScottS like this.
  4. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    The 360 has the last cinque valvole V8 out from Ferrari. I personally think that just se sound it makes compared to stock F430 or aftermarked exhaust fitted one, makes it a item worth to experience.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

As the times goes on and everything goes muted (turbos, hybrids, pure electric garbage) the pure sound is the thing that peoples, especially passionate ones, are lusting after. After there's sintetizator in every other performance EV, ppl will start to appreciate / lust after the real sound. I predict that there will be a time when ppls will actually compare the 360 vs 430 by the sound they make.

In the future most of the petrol performance sedans will lose their value as one gets far better performance out of a EV sedan. But true, semi-analogical sports cars, so called "modern classics" will hold their value as there is nothing to compare them with. No EV will ever give similar thrills than semi-analogic Ferrari 355 / 360 / 430.

The further we'll go to the future with all these DPF-filters, turbos and generally electronic ****, not to mention whats to come, the more true enthusiasts will start to appreciate purism and analogue sports / supercars. Ppls want to experience them "before its to late", especially here in Europe with all the climate saving **** going on. Add this to the inevitable realism where these cars are being crashed, burned, broken for parts.

There simply isn't similar cars from major brands like Toyota, Mercedes, BMW or Audi (R8 being about only one) ... There's only about Audi R8, Corvette, Lamborghini and Ferrari whom produced cars like these in the late 1990's & early 2000's. Lamborghini (Gallardo) being even more expensive car to maintain for your average / semi average Joe.

As long as there's pump gas available, I personally think that these sweet spot modern classics will hold their value and manual models going trough the roofs.

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I agree w the fin!

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  6. WashingtonFerrari61

WashingtonFerrari61 Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    You ended up being right! I bookmarked this and happened to revisit this thread.

Ron328 likes this.
  7. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    It's never a bad time to buy a Ferrari!

8. WashingtonFerrari61

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    360 pricing has moved up some and even F1’s. People better wake up to this car because it’s climbing. The 430 is nice but the sound and old feel with a modern era look is unique.

modificator likes this.
  9. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    The 360 Modena (not Spider) has the best future in my opinion. Everything which has been said above, plus it is one of the last "analog" cars which can be fully maintained by a reasonably skilled person without a locked-in reliance on the dealer as with the newer cars. This with great driving experience, great sound and modern look. A teenager asked me recently looking at my 360 - is it a Ferrari 488?

Spider is great when it works and when the weather is perfect. But eventually deterioration, service problems and expenses take over. Having owned many rag tops before, I'm done with them. Porsche 911 convertibles trail coupes in value, if that's a valid analogy.

F1 versus gated manual is a personal choice which can be easily adjusted. Even if you buy F1 but decide that you would rather have a manual, we are here to help with the conversion :) at https://CambioManuale.com/

Retaining F1 parts allows for a full reversal of the conversion to F1 if ever needed in the future.

10. WashingtonFerrari61

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    I could not have said it better. I noticed sub 20k mile 360’s creeping into the 110k area now.