Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 101 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  2. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Jacinda Ahern is receiving universal love for her new gun laws, but no mention in the media of recent history, the "guess who?" below being of course Winston Peters, the populist who props up her minority government.

"Well, well, well - better late that never PM Jacinda Adern. She's been given a free pass by the media - for unknown reasons - over having blocked gun legislation at the first reading on 5th September 2018 which would have prevented the gunman accessing his weapons. He was apparently a registered owner so his weapons would have been the first to go. Why does the media continue to give this woman a free pass from legitimate criticism? NZ Labour and the Greens blocked the "Firearms Prohibition Orders Amendment Act 2018", on 5/9/2018, by 64 votes to 56 - under guess who's instructions?"

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Not quite: https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/hansard-debates/rhr/combined/HansDeb_20180905_20180905_23

Proposed by Chris Bishop (Nat) not supported by Ron Mark (NZ First) supported in principle, but not as written - due to the 'search without warrant' provisions, by David Clark (Lab) who supported a 'more solid work' by Police Minister Stuart Nash (Lab). Final vote 56 yes (all Nat) 64 no (whole parliament excluding Nats).

Your mate Winston could have put the vote the other way (9 members).

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  6. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    Lies, damned lies, and statistics

If the numbers are good it because of our good work

If the numbers are bad it because of someone else

If we think we can fudge the numbers and get away with it, then we can make a case to support any argument we want

Some people believe everything they read

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What are you trying to say?

8. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My engine isn’t ready yet

Maranello550, DMWC, knocker and 2 others like this.
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah right, they can't even protect the school kids from getting shot ..... great ****ing govt, but I love to visit it

Has anyone claimed Charlton Heston's gun yet ??

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election did not find that President Donald Trump committed a crime but also did not exonerate him, according to a summary of findings released this morning.

Key points:
    • Mr Mueller found there was no evidence any Trump official knowingly conspired with Russia
    • He said he would leave it to Mr Barr to decide whether a crime was committed
    • Mr Barr said the investigation found there was insufficient evidence Mr Trump attempted to obstruct justice

Mr Mueller also found no evidence that any member of Mr Trump's election campaign conspired with Russia during the election, according to the summary of conclusion sent by US Attorney-General William Barr to congressional leaders and the media on Sunday afternoon (local time).

Mr Mueller, who spent nearly two years investigating allegations that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to help Mr Trump defeat his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, concluded his investigation on Friday after nearly two years.
    Mr Mueller said he would leave it to the Attorney-General to decide whether a crime was committed.

Mr Barr's summary said Mr Mueller found no evidence that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia, despite multiple offers from individuals associated with Russia.

The release of the summary is likely to ignite a new political fight in Washington, as Democrats push for Mr Barr to release the full report.

Mr Trump, who has always denied collaborating with Moscow or obstructing justice, criticised the probe before boarding Air Force One to return to Washington from Florida.

"It's a shame that our country had to go through this," Mr Trump said.

12. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    That because guns aren't allowed in school zones, John. Dang those bad guys for breaking the law. I mean, how could they dare to bring a gun to a no gun zone! There are laws against that kind of behavior.

13. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And now some of the idiot Democrats are saying “someone” must have “gotten to” Mueller.
    You have to laugh.

But the good news is, as long as they keep acting the way they are, Trump will be a shoe-in for another term.

14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry Rod, it's already a lost cause, too many guns now in the community

Draconian laws would need to be implemented and that ain't ever gunna happen in such a gun nut country

IF, I ran the US I'd only allow cops and military to have guns and a very few heavily vetted citizens who can be called upon by farmers to shoot livestock that need to be put down.

Outside that group you get an immediate MASSIVE fine for first offense and then hello to the big house

Sports shooting ?

F*** 'em, go find another "sport" ....

Hunters ?

Heard of the supermarket (hello RobL , I'm looking at you :D )

Seriously, you cannot come up with a valid argument other than you like them (oh wait, the govt may go rogue :confused: )

I was in the military (ok ok , just washing planes thanks Wes) and learnt to respect the fire power and how to handle correctly but I saw NO need for guns of any kind for any reason ,,,,,, but my flame proof suit is in the cleaners so go easy :p

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  15. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    The history of the US was founded on guns. We fought for our independence from a tyrannical government and the framers of the Declaration of Independence wisely saw the need for the 2nd Amendment due to gun confiscation from almost everyone but the government. Look at all other mass atrocities committed by governments. Easy to control the people when you have superior force.

I am not saying this government is going to go roque. My concern is that if we give up our 2nd amendment rights, my grand children or great grand children might have a horrible situation where they are unable to defend themselves against said roque government. For this very reason, no country should ever sign away a right for any reason.

Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to a complicated problem.

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol that's hilarious

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Yep :)

Our govts have been rogue for decades and yet we feel no need to have military rifles but on rockets advise I'm off to Kmart to get a semi :p

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

No, but seriously, what chance would Joe Public have against an army in this day and age? Stupid reasoning!

At the time he's referring to, everyone had rifles....including this "rogue government"....those days are long gone! You're out gunned mate....but a HUGE amount!

*shakes head*

The justifying is hilarious.

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  20. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You're such a quitter. There's no harm in trying :p

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...i need to start thinking like an american.

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    hmmmm

Ferraridoc likes this.
  23. Aircon

BANNED