Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 209 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    #5201 moretti, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    What a stupid post, but would we expect anything different from you lot and your inane arguments

2. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    You’ve done nothing but personal insults and you say my arguments are stupid? I’ve mostly posted raw statistics.

Tell me why you care more about the USA than Finland, Sweden, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Czech Republic who have higher mass shootings per capita than the USA?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mdrums and Rifledriver like this.
  3. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Lack freedoms ??

Hmm, I seem to be able to go anywhere in the world I want. (I love the US and Europe/UK)

I have the choice to vote for whom ever I want (currently the left but I have voted for the right several times)

I have the choice to live wherever I want (would never live in the US but love visiting)

I can drive whatever I want (I prefer Ferraris, who wouldn't ?!)

I can choose to worship whatever god I want (none being preferable)

I can protest whatever I want (apathy being my favourite)

Women are treated as they should be here as they should (two beautiful daughters make this mandatory)

Two world wars and Australia was there at the beginning of both, the US turned up late

We are friends but that doesn't mean we can't point out some inane idiosyncracies the US persist in, gun ownership being the most obvious ........... and greed

As my wise brother pointed out to me once, would I prefer the US or Russia/China running the world ..... the US every time, doesn't mean the US is right in everything

4. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/142580444/

5. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    You avoided answering my question.

6. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    OK Mr 11PSI.....no problem! :D

7. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Again,when your armed mob start killing our mob for zero reason,I posted tis less than a month ago:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148715071/

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    11psi is perfect, prove me wrong :p

It was the other tyres that were out of sync :D

simon klein likes this.
  10. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    The USA is unique due to so many cultures, major cities, and proximity to Mexicos and S. America. Much of our issues are self-made like war on drugs ruining generations of communities, failed: welfare, justice, medical, educational systems. Regardless, pointing the finger at the second amendment is ignorant. Especially considering other first world EU countries have similar/greater violent crime and more mass shootings per capita than the USA. Anti-gun foreigners, and foreigners in general, are oddly obsessed with the USA. There are other countries out their than just their own and the USA.

mdrums likes this.
  11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yes...when you are on top others are always trying to bring you down. ;-)

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You're doing that all on your own

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Justine Diamond was hardly a result of our gun laws. She was shot by an on duty police officer. It was a really tragic event. The police officer was a reasonably recent hire, totally unfit for the job. He was hired due to community leaders wanting to hire based on the ethnic makeup of the community and wanting the police force to represent that makeup. Progressivisim run amok. People were hired due to their ethnicity and not suitability. I was in total support of the prison sentence he received. I cannot find anything of the others on the list more than just news reports of the event when they were killed. I will say it is a very high probability based on observing our criminal justice system at work that they were recidivists already convicted of multiple violent crimes that have been riding the merry go round of our catch and release justice system. In my world its likely they all would have been given life sentences a few arrests ago so would not have been available to commit that crime. The majority of the criminals in our criminal justice merry go round have a long history in it and our legislators do not seem to understand once we have them for a crime if we just keep them locked up for a very long time our crime stats would drop to levels few have ever seen.

Steve355F1, moretti and greg246 like this.
  14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Makes sense, but can you afford to keep them locked up forever ?

15. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Azuma Bennet:https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/captain-america-star-hits-out-at-las-crime-problem-after-aussie-azuma-bennett-shot-dead/news-story/cbc9cf54863ba9f4ab6ccd5d860d679a
    Brenton Estoriffe:https://medium.com/crimebeat/unsolved-texas-shooting-the-tragic-death-of-brenton-estorffe-764917402860
    Chris Lane:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1744262-australian-baseball-player-christopher-lane-killed-by-teenagers-in-oklahoma

16. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    What’s up with these Australians cherry picking scenarios where Australians specifically die in the USA? Basing their opinions on statistical anomalies.

Do they not realize Americans get killed in Australia too? And, it doesn’t really matter. 3 Americans gets killed fighting wild fires in the Australia; do Americans cry that Australia should solve their own problems? American gets killed in bar fight in Australia; do Americans cry that Australia needs to solve their violent crime problem?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/death-abroad1/death-statistics.html

-I am seeing plenty of homicides, auto accidents, drug related, and interestingly in recent times a lot of air accidents. It appears Australia needs better laws and law enforcement of traffic and aircraft along with less violent crimes. I am being ironic because I do understand these are statistical anomalies and I don’t make emotionally based opinions on statistical anomalies.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-tourist-beaten-unconscious-in-random-attack-while-visiting-australia

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/world/article266365056.html?taid=6331c15d62f677000121d6e8

https://abcnews.go.com/International/american-tourists-killed-helicopter-crash-australia/story?id=53926892

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/four-american-tourists-killed-in-australia-plane-crash/275-410824694

-Australia needs better standards for pilots, aircraft, and aircraft maintenance. Ban all planes!

Rifledriver likes this.
  17. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have read each and every one. All written in period as anti gun pieces with little information of the crime, the criminals and zero follow up. All written to inflame public outcry about guns and not a single word of the much larger problem of the status of crime, an ever growing criminal class and punishment in the USA.

JM280z likes this.
  18. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Its been shown keeping a criminal locked up in the USA for a very long time is less expensive than jumping through all the hoops to execute them and is far less costly than the overall costs of allowing them to pursue a life of crime. So yes, happy to contribute to keeping them until they are old men.

Overall we do not have that many serious, violent criminals. What we have is a large number of recidivists who our system does little to interrupt their life long crime spree.

JM280z likes this.
  19. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    It’s simply people being controlled by anti-gun media. Hence why the specifically avoid discussing statistics that show EU first world countries have more violent crime and/or mass shootings per capita than the USA. Add in mass stabbings, bombings, cars in crowds, etc that EU gets a lot of, and the USA isn’t that dramatic. Also, USA is skewed by a few major liberal utopia cities. The vast majority of USA based on acreage is far safer than probably any EU country.

The cities that ruin/inflate USA crime statistics have populations of entire countries on their own. Example, New York’s nearly 10M population is 1/2 the size of Australia, same size as Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Greece, Czech Republic. Twice the size of Ireland, Denmark, and Finland.

The USA is actually incredibly safe if you pinpoint the majority of the country based on land, rural America. Going based on peak points of population, you’d be in cities. Regardless of country, most sense cities have high crime rate. Pull out the top few 5 violent cities and the USA would be safer than any EU country I’d bet.

Finding fellow country men killed in another country, absolutely statistical anomalies, and making an emotionally based opinion on such is just strange… If we are talking about banning something based on statistics then discuss the statistics. If it’s based on emotion then we can just ban everything that kills anyone, including dihydrogen monoxide which 100% of people who drink it die. It’s found in jet fuel even.

20. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Nothing strange about it. Its emotion driven pure and simple as can be seen by a simple rereading of our Australian friends posts. The entire subject like abortion has been purposefully engineered to be one of emotion. In this case to prevent any objectivity in the search for either accurate study of the statistics or a study of the causes and effective methods to control the problem. One side (government) wants greater control and has no moral objection to lie or skew statistics to achieve that end. They have been doing similar for 150 years to get want they want to the best of my knowledge. Getting us involved in the Spanish American War, Viet Nam and the Gulf War all come to mind. Taking guns is Boy Scout stuff in comparison. All that remains to be seen is in our case how much Goebbelsesque brainwashing is it going to take to achieve their goal?

JM280z likes this.
  21. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I should also say the governments lack of moral limitations has gone as far as the creation of a coast to coast catch and release justice system and flat out releasing of serious criminals in the name of protecting their health during covid. That resulted in serious human and property costs to the very people they have a duty to protect. Not to mention dwindling police staffing levels in conjunction with destroying any sensible persons desire to consider it a career path. All the while working to deprive us of any useful method of self protection.

22. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    It's OK fella's there's bucketloads of sand for you to keep your heads buried for millenniums.

23. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Do they take there guns to Ferrari car meets ?

24. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #5224 Rifledriver, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    We could easily say the same but here our mothers teach us not to be an ass just because we disagree. I guess in Australia the social graces are of no use so they are not taught. .

JM280z likes this.
  25. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #5225 Rifledriver, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    I do most of the time. Pretty much if I am awake I have one.