Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 86 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    She only says nice things about you

greg246 likes this.
  2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sig 226 and Glock 17M and 19M are all standard issue. I suspect the Glock is the most prevalent. (Wife has been out for some time, so we're not all that up to date on details.)

Swat guys and other special teams can carry other side arms.

Glocks are not as prone now to the issues they had 20 years ago, I think at least in part to a redesign of the trigger lock, which didn't.

D

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

There's method to that. The time it takes to chamber a round is enough time to get you killed.

D

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That's what I was thinking.

5. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    what, by telling 50% of the truth? You realise he only did that because the FBI were so sure she was going to win and he knew the email scandal would dominate post election.

As it is, we have yet another open & shut case of Hillary breaking the law and the media and FBI are all looking the other way, chasing a BS Russian-collusion story that was initiated by the DNC in the first place. 2 years of investigation and the only people charged are some Russian companies who can't be compelled to stand trial in the US.

6. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    0.5s? This ain't the wild west.. oh, wait

greg246 likes this.
  7. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What happens is people leave their finger on the trigger while holstering, the motion of holstering the fiream pushes their finger against the trigger and "boom", the shoot themselves in the leg. It happens a lot with police, reflects a lack of training, one should never have the finger on the trigger unless you are planning to shoot.
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/logan/springwood-police-officer-in-hospital-after-shooting-himself-in-leg/news-story/701df6ee195a3f4def5895a149c264c0
    Btw carrying a Glock with a round in the chamber is also standard practice for the AFP / NSW Pol. The Glock safety is part of the trigger, the gun simply won't fire unless you pull the trigger. An accidental drop will not cause a Glock to discharge.

8. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Yes, I had the first Glock 17 in Australia (so the dealer said)

9. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Really , when was that ? And why ?

10. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Early eighties. I was a small arms coach and on the Battalion shooting team in the ARES - had a collection on military firearms.

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

To unholster, chamber a round in the gun, and then aim, instead of draw, aim, fire? You think that's half a second? It doesn't take much difference to lose in that scenario against a guy who is armed and has his gun in hand, right? And yes, I know 99.5% of the time it probably does NOT matter. But that 1/2 of 1 percent is when you get killed.

And unfortunately, it does seem like the Wild West sometimes, but from all I've read, the Wild West wasn't all that wild, 99.5% of the time.

D

12. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.

What’s the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?

Here’s her story in her own words...

"While out walking along the edge of a pond just outside my house with my soon to be ex-husband, discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little Beretta .25 caliber pistol with me, I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took. The 'gator got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

It's one of the best pistols in my collection, plus the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was really incredible and his life insurance was a big bonus."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

wax, Maranello550, kerrari and 2 others like this.
  13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just wondering. How many times has this happened with past presidents?

Mr Trump:
    "I feel really great. We will have a great discussion and I think we will be tremendously successful."

Mr Kim: "The past and the old prejudices and practices work as obstacles to our way forward but we overcame all of them and we are here today."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

Hairdressers conference??

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm sure there's a lot of blowing and sucking.

17. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    All going exactly as (China's) plan...

Nintendo64 likes this.
  18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Trump was awesome today. Did anyone hear the interviews?

Steve355F1 likes this.
  19. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The left media are working hard to not give him any credit.

SBS and ABC are trying to make Kim the hero. Better a murdering stalinist dictator than a democratically elected right wing president.

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah....it's incredible.

Luckily I caught that interview. He was great. He's totally full of himself, but I don't care. He's getting the job done.

wax likes this.
  21. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, just like how Reagan was villified back in the day. The Soviet Union tried to match Reagans strategy to ramp up spending on the US military ( 600 ship navy, Star wars SDI etc) , it ended up nearly bankrupting the Soviets and forced them to the negotiating table. That set up the environment for the collapse of the Soviet Union and their withdrawal from eastern Europe 30 years ago.

M

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
    A year ago the pundits & talking heads, people that couldn’t do the job before, were begging for conciliation and peace - “please meet, don’t go to war.” Now that we meet and have a great relationship with Kim Jong Un, the same haters shout out, “you shouldn’t meet, do not meet!”

23. Nintendo64

Nintendo64 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2016
    Nailed it, they even supplied Kim the jet for the trip, how nice of them.

24. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    knock it off with the lefty conspiracy theories. China has plenty of positive reasons to be encouraging Kim, as does Kim himself.

China knows that the Kim dynasty will eventually collapse, because the ability to brainwash and intimidate an entire population is being steadily eroded by modern communication technology. A failed NK = millions of refugees on the China border.

On the other hand, a prosperous NK means another market for Chinese manufacturers and a supply of low cost labour.

NK was originally a puppet state of Russia (as was China in the 40's and 50's) and the Korean war was a Russia vs the West proxy war, it would never have happened without Russian direction, armaments and direct military engagement. Kim Il-Sung was hand picked and installed by Russia as puppet leader of NK in the aftermath of WW2, he was an army sergeant prior to that. China wasn't part of NK's creation and it is less and less interested in propping it up.

25. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    But things changed a lot in the past 60 years... Russia and China have a joint agreement to defend NK in case of US aggression. It has been an unacknowledged client state of China for quite some time, China is its only major trading partner. It will now become an open client. China businesses will be floodinginto NK in the next few years - the cheap factory for the rising middle in class in China. Kim is the puppet for China in exchange for them guaranteeing his personal safety and prosperity.