Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That's nice.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
    Just a few moments ago, I signed an EO addressing one of our nation’s most heartbreaking tragedies: VETERANS SUICIDE. To every Veteran—I want you to know that you have an entire nation of more than 300 million people behind you. You will NEVER be forgotten.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  2. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    BOKE likes this.
  3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  4. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Ian please do not go down this ridiculous path of 'activist judges' - are you alleging the judge INSTRUCTED the jury (hand picked by the defendant's team remember) to decide as they did? If the appeal is upheld will that be due to an 'activist' judge?

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's going crazy here. Something needs to be done, and soon.

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    have you ever been a juror in a criminal trial? The judge has enormous influence over evidence presentation and jury thinking.

The judge in this case was an ex crown prosecutor, i.e. a public servant. If you've watched any of his interviews it's obvious he's of the left.

7. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    You've swallowed the koolaid Ian. I'm still giving our courts the credit they have acquired over the years. Not perfect, and this may yet end up a legal error, but please don't start down the stupid 'ours' and 'theirs' judges path.

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  8. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I think in this case, no matter how carefully instructed, the jury is subject to bias. The witness would have been very emotional, and the defendant didn't testify. Also, continuing research on memory is turning up some alarming discoveries, and historical incidents can have all sorts of detail added and omitted. Let's see what happens with the appeal.

kerrari and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  9. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    greg328 likes this.
  11. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I had a feeling you’d reply pretty quickly in defence of the incompetent orange idiot. Could you be any more of a fawning sycophant if you tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Stormy Daniels claim against Trump dismissed. Let's see how much reporting that gets!

13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    She was paid off ffs

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    huh?? What's that got to do with a dismissal?

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'd buy this if I knew how to read.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Trump-Victor-Davis-Hanson/dp/1541673549/

From an award-winning historian and regular Fox contributor, the true story of how Donald Trump has become one of the most successful presidents in history -- and why America needs him now more than ever

In The Case for Trump, award-winning historian and political commentator Victor Davis Hanson explains how a celebrity businessman with no political or military experience triumphed over sixteen well-qualified Republican rivals, a Democrat with a quarter-billion-dollar war chest, and a hostile media and Washington establishment to become president of the United States -- and an extremely successful president.

Trump alone saw a political opportunity in defending the working people of America's interior whom the coastal elite of both parties had come to scorn, Hanson argues. And Trump alone had the instincts and energy to pursue this opening to victory, dismantle a corrupt old order, and bring long-overdue policy changes at home and abroad. We could not survive a series of presidencies as volatile as Trump's. But after decades of drift, America needs the outsider Trump to do what normal politicians would not and could not do.

greg328 and Steve355F1 like this.
  16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Trump 4 Eva

Image Unavailable, Please Login The White House‏Verified account @WhiteHouse Mar 12
    All across America, hardworking taxpayers balance their household budgets, find ways to do more with less, and still manage to save for the future. Washington should treat their tax dollars the same way. President Trump's 2020 Budget will do just that.

[​IMG]

America is roaring back, and now is the time to invest in the future of America.

President Donald J. Trump

FURTHERING OUR ECONOMIC PROSPERITY: President Donald J. Trump’s budget request will continue our economic resurgence while furthering his vision to reduce spending and invest in America.

• The Trump Administration’s pro-growth policies have unleashed the American economy, creating millions of jobs and resulting in historically low unemployment.
    • However, the national debt – currently more than $22 trillion – remains a grave threat to our economic and societal prosperity.
    • This budget will address the national debt crisis while still investing in critical American priorities that will allow America to further excel in the future.
    RESPONSIBLE BUDGETING: President Trump’s budget request promotes responsible Government spending by prioritizing effective programs and cutting waste.

• The budget reduces nondefense programmatic spending by 5 percent below the 2019 cap level.
    • Proposes policies to shrink or eliminate Federal programs that fail to deliver desired outcomes for the American people.
    • Reduces spending by $2.7 trillion over 10 years, shrinking the deficit from nearly 5 percent of GDP in 2020 to under 1 percent of GDP in 2029.
      • Puts the Federal budget on a path to balance within 15 years.
    • Sticks to the current discretionary spending caps while also providing additional defense resources through investments in Overseas Contingency Operations and emergency funding.
      • Allows us to fund our national security needs while avoiding a costly “cap deal,” which would increase defense and nondefense spending.
    INVESTMENT IN AMERICA: President Trump’s budget request reflects his commitment to defending our Nation, ending the opioid epidemic, and building a strong American workforce.

• $32.5 billion for border security and immigration enforcement activities to help manage the immigration crisis on the United States southern border, including:
      • $8.6 billion for the border wall, funded by Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
      • $478 million to hire 1,750 additional Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) law enforcement officers.
      • $2.7 billion in funding for 54,000 ICE immigration detention beds.
    • $750 billion for national defense – including $718 billion for DOD to pursue the National Defense Strategy.
      • Priorities include: strategic competition with Russia and China, countering rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran, defeating terrorist threats, and consolidating gains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    • $80.2 billion to fund Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical care requirements in 2020.
      • Fully supports implementation of the historic VA MISSION Act to provide veterans greater choice on where they receive their healthcare, including at a private provider.
    • $330 million for the Department of Justice to aid State and local efforts to fight the opioid crisis.
    • The budget promotes quality education and job training, holds higher education institutions more accountable, and expands Pell Grants to high-quality short-term training programs.

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    we really need a Trump here....VOTE PALMER..

Image Unavailable, Please Login Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
    So many records being set with respect to our Economy. Unemployment numbers among BEST EVER. A beautiful thing to watch!

18. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Some huge numbers there.

Whom is going to pay for even a minuscule portion of it?

I will contribute this.

View attachment 2679787

19. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No. Just time for immigration control.

Although, Melbourne deserves what it gets. Idiot lefty capital of Australia.

IanB likes this.
  20. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Now we KNOW your joking!
    Unemployment figures in the US have been on a downward trend since 2010, but are about to turn over.

BOKE likes this.
  21. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Fixed

Instagram: @uo_tdf and @4_Eff_Sake

22. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

“Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are....
    ....needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!”

The Great Oz has spoken!

Although you have to understand his position - he holds human error very close to his heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing with him? He probably should have waited for the cause before posting that though.

BOKE likes this.