Is KTR Engineering still around? | FerrariChat

Is KTR Engineering still around?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Peter, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    ...This was the service/restoration company run by ex-rock star J. Geils. Remembered seeing his ads in the various Ferrari magazines many years ago, but haven't seen it in the latest ones like Forza. Hearing one of his songs on the radio recently reminded me about this...

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Peter,

They are still around and have an AMAZING fairly new facility plus a GREAT staff. They did the 60k service (and then some) on the 1985 Euro 308GTS QV here and i am extremely happy with the outcome and low(ish) price. Not the usual "belts and fluid... $4k".

In fact there is KTR Racing and KTR Performance. Same facility, different websites. They also have an impressive Dyno and those of us in the New England area will be having quite a few of our Ferraris tested there in Spring 2004. Please feel free to join us if you are in the area.

http://www.ktrmotorsports.com

http://www.ktrperformance.com/index.html

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

DISCLAIMER: Have no vested interest in KTR other than being a very satisfied client. Even the other New England guys who say the service photos of my recent 60k were impressed.

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Yes, they are now all in one facilty in Ayer, MA. Great service and staff. I am over their about once a week, and am still amazed by their new facility every time I walk in.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thanks for the info.

5. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I got to meet John Geils at Lime Rock Park in the 1990s when I was in college. He brought a Cunningham C2 that KTR had restored for a client.

A well-respected guy for his music and later KTR's restoration work.
    He will be missed.
    R.I.P.

6. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  7. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    He was a customer over the years and a pleasure to deal with by all accounts! RIP J. Geils!