Is there a market for Used 308 Koni and springs? | FerrariChat

Is there a market for Used 308 Koni and springs?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Banzairacer, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Just wondering if there is a market for the stock shocks. Still good.

Are there value issues with replacing Koni with QA coil overs Or other aftermarkets for adjustable height on the 308’s. Not track, just the aesthetics.
    Thoughts??

2. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My 85 QV has QA-1s installed by previous owner. I don't know any different but I guess it sits a little lower and folks rave about the performance. I recently acquired used/stock Koni shocks and springs from another 85 and fellow F-Chatter. No plans to re-install but I never get rid of stock/original parts and for me, I'm glad to have them in case I ever want them. Not sure about any value of used Konis but I'm happy with the purchase.

3. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    thanks Thomas Magnum. I had that thought also with QA1 and the lower stance. I guess holding onto the parts is a better idea just in case the historical value is there. the article on the 1976 308 at $197K is an eye opener.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    As I stated earlier, the shocks have a questionable value because of the rebuild costs. You shouldn't expect to sell them for an amount that when combined with rebuild fees, exceeds the cost of a new set (although there are plenty of dumb asses out there that can't do math and may buy them anyway)

To find out, just throw them on ebay with a reserve and see what happens.

I think the springs have value. Put those on a shelf.