is there an active ferrari club in naples? | FerrariChat

is there an active ferrari club in naples?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ross, Dec 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    hi guys,
    my mother received her 456mgt for christmas, and will be driving it back to naples from houston this week.
    i have encouraged her and my father to join the local FCA to participate in the activities.
    i know steve canterra and have participated in his well organized activities surrounding the cars on 5th show, but otherwise is there an active group in naples?

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The FCA has an active Naples chapter.

The FCA Florida Region has decided to divide itself up into further regions. So, for example in
    South Florida there are Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Naples chapters.

Not sure if Steve Canterra is involved or not, but his partner in founding the Cars on Fifth event,
    Kim Pemberton, is back in Naples again and quite likely involved.

A quick search found this site:
    http://www.naplesferrariclub.com

BHW

3. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks barton. i will direct them there.

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

If your mom wants to take a drive we have a huge active group in Sarasota and would be happy to put her on our email list. Also there is a large car show being held in Feb. wth 40 plus Ferrari’s . We have monthly dinners drives etc. Best , Kirk.

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Good to know Kirk, my wife and I have been looking in Lakewood Ranch now that we are empty nesters. Too cold in ATL, LOL.

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

If I can be of any assistance let me know as I’ve been in Sarasota 35 years. Best , Kirk

7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks kirk ! i will tell her.

8. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    I am in fort Myers for business this week. Are there any cars and coffees in the fort Myers/Naples area this Sunday 2/4? I am also possibly thinking of moving to the area in the near future. Would like to meet everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Ross.....sorry I missed your thread. Yes, as Barton confirmed we have a substantial number of members and events in the Naples Chapter. The Naples Ferrari Club was formed in 2004 by Kim Pemberton. After Kim moved to California I took over as President for more years than I want to remember. Kim was the creator of Cars on 5th....I was the facilitator for Kim from the beginning. Actually the first two years the show was on the 3rd Street. I organized Cars on 5th for about 10 years before thankfully finding my replacement in Tom O'Riordan.

It was just a few years ago that with Tom's and some others inside the FCA we finally were able to take the FL Region to new levels of participation and membership. The FL Region is now the largest in the country and has the highest retention rate.....thanks to Tom and his fellow Chapter Presidents. The concept is to have local participation and events where any Chapter can share with all the FCA members wherever they reside. Many of our participants are snow birds and a member in a different FCA Region. Regardless all are welcome to join in.

Many of our events are simple social dinners. In season twice a month. Summer is usually once a month. Sprinkled in are a few drives [eg Everglades City for stone crabs], Collier museum visits every two years, and of course Cars on 5th. We just completed our 15th. I did see your dad's car and looked for him but missed. I had my 330 GTC and Superamerica on Sugden Plaza. I was also very busy doing my part helping Tom execute the show. Thanks to Tom I don't have to get up at 4 AM on the day of the show anymore:)

I am not as active in the Naples club as I once was. A major reason is that my girl and I just built a new home in the mountains of NC about 30 miles W of Asheville. Last year while completing the home we were there for 7 months. Ultimately I plan on building a car barn garage and relocate my modest Scuderia Cantera....lol. Although FL weather is beautiful driving around is uninspiring. Where our new home is located are near some of the best roads anywhere in the world. My goal is to organize one or two mountain events per year based in Asheville [fun town] and for those that want to drive get out on some really fun roads. And I don't mean the Blue Ridge Parkway. I don't need to be an officer of the club to continue to contribute.

We would love it if your Mom and Dad joined the Ferrari Club of America and came to our events. No Ferrari is necessary. Go to FerrariClubofAmerica.org to join up.

10. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks steve. i will have my father reach out to you asap.
    congrats on another great 'cars on 5th' !