it is REVOLUTIONARY! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

it is REVOLUTIONARY!

Discussion in '296' started by rob lay, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

2. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Consider this the closest thing you will ever get to a public service announcement on this subject: ( it isn’t of course and there never will be such a thing ) This is my personal view only but one which interested parties should strongly consider.

If you want a non-hybrid mid-engine Ferrari run don’t walk down to your dealer and order yourself an F8 or F8 Spider. Because when they kill it they will kill it silently and probably fairly soon.

THERE WILL NOT BE A VS VERSION OF THE F8.
    That was already born. It was called the Pista. Ferrari did it in reverse order that time. Wrap your head around it. F8 is last non-hybrid mid-engine Ferrari sports car and they will soon stop taking orders for new builds on it. They will give no warning or announcement. They never do.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The f8 is great but needs an exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    I agree with you there. The F8 factory sound is quieter than ideal.

The 296 actually sounds pretty damn good all things considered.

That being said, there are old school purists out there who want to know that when they press their foot down, they are feeling thrust born purely of explosions rather than partly from a battery. And those people should know that for a mid-engine Ferrari the F8 is the last dance.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Of course, the "all things considered" qualifier is put there to indicate that it can't compete in the sound department with non-GPF, NA Ferrari engines. The GPF has really ruined the Ferrari sound IMO. I think they can design a kick butt NA engine with low enough particulates to pass the criminal EU standards. Just need to rework the intake and combustion. Ferrari makes engines. Maybe they will do it for a non-hyper Icona if folks show a demand.

OSUferrari likes this.
  6. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    296 looks awful. They took the worst parts of the the 430 (the side air intakes that look like an afterthought), the 1st gen Vanquish (the 'squared off' rear wheel flares/fenders), the mouth of a basking shark, and the rear of a LOTUS.

Ferrari's current design language sucks- they really need to kiss and make up with Pininfarina.

Mike

daro82 likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That day was Friday the 15th (possibly Saturday the 16th), but the email from management this morning said no more F8 or 812 GTS orders will be taken unless they were in before today.

In a bizarre twist I got to the dealership an hour and ten minutes after that news. My salesman had a pained look as I walked in…

TheMayor likes this.
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm not interested in a hybrid "anything", no matter how "good"

I'm surprised they would kill a non hybrid entry level car for people like me who don't want the weight and complexity. I look at a high performance hybrid with turbos and only see trips to the dealership in the future.

Gh21631, 500tr, day355 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    The 296 looks too much like a 4C to me.