Jesse James and my old car: The monster garage 308 pasta car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Jesse James and my old car: The monster garage 308 pasta car

Discussion in '308/328' started by sue308, Feb 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What a waste!!!!!! However.....our "remaining" 308's just went up a notch in value. ;)

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #78 CMY, Mar 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I wouldn't expect much more from that classless piece of gooberhat wearing trash, but it was pretty disappointing that he had 3(?) professional Ferrari rebuilder/restorers on the crew. They acted like it bothered them to destroy one of Enzo's creations (at first), but they were okay with it as long as they got to wear their company t-shirt and talk about their business. I'll stop there, otherwise Rob will ban me.

4. mj1133

mj1133 Rookie

Mar 1, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I just watched the show, it made me hungry.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's crazy...stupid sheeeit they do for money.

Sorry Sue308, about your car.

Maybe he should drag his azzz out to Lake Travis and try to fix her mansion, I heard she sued the builders for big bucks, cuz she didn't get the Star Treatment.........

Fix your hat, JJ...you just look stupid........

6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    P-I-M-P!!!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's on now??? I'm going to bed.....

Can I have those "take off" rims?

..and don't forget the lug bolts too....ROTFLMAO!

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yo, Richard!! You OK???

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thats not as bad as i thought ...Still a stupid show .

10. Citixen

Citixen Rookie

Mar 15, 2006
    Thanks for posting the screen caps CMY. I missed the show and it was nice to see what they actually did with the car. IMO, it wasn't that bad what they did too it, still a shame tho.

11. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    For a while it didn't look quite as bad as I feared ... until they slapped that Earl Schib paint job on it. (gak)

The builders did seem to try not to destroy anything beyond restoration, and it did make JJ look a bit silly with his bling horn and tacky tack-ons. But I guess his job is to look silly. They did go to (and a bit over) the border of offensive with the ital-amer cliches.

But whassup with the propane burners?

You should be able to cook all the pasta you want just off the engine heat. ;)

12. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Where in the hell did they get those "***" rims and tires? It makes the car look like a dam low rider; however the overall concept was good. Also the total build price… I don't think $14K for a screwed up 308 was the going market price for that car... I think low 20's was more realistic price.

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Jesse and Sandra have a condo here on Tybee Island. i have met / seen them around and they have both been pretty nice, but i did not bother them other than a "hello". i too thought it was a waste of a car, but it seems to me its just a job to him and the Executives behind the scenes are the Masters of the Puppets in the show. its all about ratings, and attention. we are now talking about them on our Ferrari site, so they win.

14. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    HA! good one.

15. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Now they should send the car on the "summer Italian car show circuit" and serve pasta to everyone whilst "Hey Mambo" blares out of it's 2000 watt stereo.

Can't you just see what a big hit it would be at Concourso Italiano or at the Monterey Historics?

Maybe they could get it into Pebble with Jay Leno driving.

Oh what publicity opportunities await this grand creation!

And, next year, there's Cavalino!

Bob S.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Does anybody know what happened to the car? I hope some car museum (e.g. the Volo) would buy it and put it on display.

The thing that bothered me the most is the total waste of resources: You have about 7 guys with knowledge and hands-on experience, a great garage, all the tools you need to rebuild a car, some nice budget and a week of time and all you end up with is adding a non working and non functional kitchen appliance to your car?

The car was 15k, the labor and parts they threw at it was about 50k. So imagine what awesome thing they could have done to the car for that money/resources? Yet they end up with this useless pasta mixer.

Also I thought the "team" didn't really gel. Too many egos, not much coordination. Even Jesse was lukewarm in handing out their prize.

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    really, what a waste of resources.
    how 'bout dropping in a V12 or a blown 427 or or or....SOMETHING!

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    NOW you're talking!

Seriously, I'm always thinking Norwood/Zehnder/Koenig when I see all these talents, resources, time, tools, people. Giovanni is a fine Ferrari mechanic from Chicago and they use his expertise to install a new horn? C'mon!

I could install a mixer in my car if I wanted to. But I couldn't drop a V12 in the back of it myself.

19. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

They should have done SOMETHING with the car. The ads said they were going to "Turn an Italian Sport Car into a Pasta Maker". All they did was attach a pasta maker. what a waste of time.

Except I did get to see Giaovanni from Autosprint, he was the last mechanic to work on my car before I bought it out of Chicago. We kept having scheduling problems and he did not want me to buy the car until he got a chance to meet me. He was not the owner or had anything to do with selling the car, but he wanted to put his stamp of approval on the new owner. It reminded me very much of that episode of Seinfeld. (Rumor has it, he maintains fleets of Ferrari for "Chicago Celebrities")

20. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Drive for the pasta maker should have been hooked up to a Turbo instead of an elecric motor...at least there woud have been some engineering...they butchered that car..Enzo's Mosoleum shuttered after that show! I promised to never ever watch that show again!

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Giovanni does good work. Which is why using him to install a horn is like using a neuro surgeon to attach a bandaid. Waste of resources.

22. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I didn't think it was THAT bad. You could tell JJ lost interest when he saw how easy the build would be...that's probably why he wanted to make it goofy looking. It was only a bashed in $14k car, just happened to be a Ferrari. You could really tell he was pissed when it didn't work at the Italian restaurant. I'm sure everyone in the Rolls Royce world went crazy when he turned one into a Honey Wagon...at least he didn't do that with a Ferrari :-D

23. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    ....and what did I miss? why build the pasta maker from scratch instead of BUYING one?

24. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I saw it last night and cringed. That could have been my first Ferrari, and now the car has been put to shame. I bet anyone who aquired the car would have tons of f-chat help getting her back to a nice 308. so has it been confirmed that that was sue308's car?