Keeping tan seats looking good | FerrariChat

Keeping tan seats looking good

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by JohnTz, Jun 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Will be taking delivery of a 488 soon with Tan (Beige Traditional) seats and was wondering how you guys keep them looking good over time. I know not to wear clothing that transfers color etc but any other tips? Thanks in advance.

2. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I have always used a very large micro fiber towel from Chemical Guys to go over the seat. I wash them a couple times before use, but it helps to prevent any transfer to the seats. But to be honest, I have always had black leather and black leather/alcantara seats. Regardless, if you want to keep you seats looking good you can't "smash" the bolsters every time you get in or else they will start to break down quickly. I also use Pristine clean (leather portion only) on my seats at least once per month depending on how much the car is being used or any other reputable leather cleaner will work. Just my .02

3. MAPS

MAPS Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Marco Silva
    Do you have any detailers close by? You could always "seal" the leather when it is still new (unused), that way should prevent staining and be much easier to clean.

Generally, if the leather isn't stained, a luke warm dam cloth followed by a dry microfiber (or terry towel) should suffice to keep the leather clean and maintain the fantastic smell of leather :)

4. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Leather treatment suggestion
    After many cars and many applications of various things, I think the best and easiest to use is MINK OIL PASTE. Easy to use. Apply and take off or let it sit a day to two. Then wipe it dry. It will have the very slightest shine instead of flat dry look. I learned it from a fifty year old guy, using it on a fifty year old car, with leather that looked five years old.

5. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Our 04 360 has Crema upholstery. Very light tan if you haven't seen it in person. I have used Gliptone for several years on this car, and the leather is still elegant. I clean and condition probably three times during the summer and once in the winter. The leather smell of the conditioner is great. You can get it on Amazon.

docf and peterp like this.
  6. MrJohnson

MrJohnson Rookie

Apr 16, 2018
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Andrew Johnson
    If you get blue jean stains, lightly go over it with magic eraser. It won't hurt it. Follow up with a conditioner.