Kent thingy on 29th | FerrariChat

Kent thingy on 29th

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sletti, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Blimus centurion, there seems to be quite a few bods interested!

As we head inexorably towards the British winter I become a bit panicky about the weather; being a humble and impoverished 308 owner, and being the type of owner who is running a champagne-car on a beer-budget, I become convinced that one drop of rain and my car will dissolve like a cheese soufflé in a bucket of nitric acid. So my default attitude is "rain=no Ferrari"

However if there are a few whatever-the-weather types, might I suggest that it's game-on. And if the rain is either continuous or torrential, and like me you treat your car as if it were forged from merringue (not sure if that is the right spelling), perhaps turning up in ones jalopy would not be frowned upon, as we can at least touch our forlocks in the direction of those you who do not consider your Tipos to be hydrophobic!

Anyway, the venue I suggest is the Grasshopper pub about 1 mile west of Westerham on the A25 (right by the corner of Clacket Lane), at about 12:30 till 2:30.

Whilst it is my tirless whinging on the FOC website has brought about this conflagration, I have no desire to install myself as having any autority over where it should occur, so if anyone has a better idea, let's hear it.

With Frank admiration

Stig Winslet (1981 308GTB)

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stig,
    as you can see ,we've got a few threads running on this subject and the most recent is below;
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2021
    I would say we are all of the same opinion re rain and if the weather's anything like the last weeks has been, i would be surprised to see anyone out.However, you never know!
    Tony

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Chaps,

Just came off the phone to the exceedingly helpful people at the Grasshopper Inn (I have been advised that it would be both prudent and curteous to contact the venue), and they have kindly requested that we don't drive like idiots, racing up and down the carpark and on the road outside, or they will deny us future use of the venue, and get Plod down quicker than you could say foccinaucinihinipilification.

So, we have been warned.

Thanks

Stig

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #4 360CS, Nov 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Stig glad you made it here ,

They are prob saying that after the Kent FOC meetings were there, must of had a few probs by the sound of it???

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Or Foskers clients!!

Years ago, I remember being down at Foskers and reading a letter from a stately home where clients leaving after some shindig had wheelspan out of the home trashing the gravel drive!!

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    They have had problems with numb-nut TNBs, and one of them drove through a wall. So I guess they feel somewhat justified in presenting us with that caveat. They have had the Fuzz in presence on a few occasions.

They did not especially single us out as being a source of potential trouble, it was more of a general statement concerning the fact that they do have some not unreasonable conditions. This was quickly followed up with a comment that she doubted that Ferrari owners would behave like this!

I drive past the pub quite often, and whilst sometimes you do see the odd pipe-and-clothcap meeting (MGs, Rileys, Jags, etc.), you do sometime see hoards of Jap-rods; you know the thing; lowered, 19" wheels, rubberband tyres, neon underlights, NOS, and more bass frequencies that Nagasaki at ground zero. Who would like to bet against it that these people were the troublesome element!

That's the danger with stealth cars; they're more "go" than "show". But driving a Ferrai? Well, with that much "show", the "go" is a given!!!

7. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Would love to join you lot but moving house this weekend, so I will be joining you with the no rain wishes. What iws this about Foskers clients???

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I live a few mles from Foskers and have never once been in there???? Anyone know any good !! Bad Reports

9. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    I have my car there at the moment being sold for me, I go there regularly and they are generally great guys and very friendly. Going to look at a 360 they have later today or tomorrow. Did read some stuff here earlier about some apparent incudent there with cars being attacked or something. Jeff is the technical guy, Duncan and Colin are the sales boys.

10. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I went to Foskers to have my AC recharged. My personal gremlin (oil smoke from engine lid) came back on the way there. My recurrent oil leak is under investigation with Verdi (another fab company to deal with now that they are no longer with "the evil one"), so I needed the car to go back to them. This all occured a few days before I were to go on holiday. I left the car with Foskers. and chilled for about 45 mins whilst I waited for a lift. The people were knowledgable, friendly and accomodating. I contacted my recovery people, and Foskers dealt with fitting a "do not start" notice on my car, and arranging a collection time so it could be take back to Carl Verdi. The job they did on my AC was effective (car like a fridge now) and reasonable priced considering all the work they had to do.

So Foskers are really good, as are Verdi.....

11. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Sletti, your lucky they sortedyour aircon, they tried for 18 hours on mine, even gave them all the help fron Fchat and still no Aircon. Might be the way they disconnected it during ats challenge days, but that did not make me a happy bunny at all. But as you say, great place to chill.

12. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #12 hedge, Nov 28, 2003
  13. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #13 hedge, Nov 28, 2003
  14. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Did anyone go to the "Grasshopper on the Green" as per the map below?

If so, it was the wrong pub and you were meant to be at the "Grasshopper Inn" just outside Westerham.