KIMI | Page 14 | FerrariChat

KIMI

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel: No retirements
    Kimi: 2 retirements, neither at fault, for a total of 28 points.

stavura, NEP and NeuroBeaker like this.
  2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Lol bragging about 3rd places? Is this what its come to for Kimi fans?

LeClerc time.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He did his job as a #2 driver. Do people actually pay attention to anything outside the top 6?

Bas likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow could we be in agreement on something???? :)

Kim drove a good race. Vettel screwed his race in the first corner but I think he felt he had to take the risk given the tire choices he had.

Kimi finished 3rd because Ricciardo was wounded. But he still drove a solid race.

william, Bas, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I do when the guy who will end Kimi's career next year is making things happen in a garbage car.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Hooray. A backmarker beats another backmarker. Call me when that guy wins multiple races for 3 different teams as well as a WDC.

NEP likes this.
  7. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    The Williams and McLaren are garbage.....I wouldn't call Sauber a garbage car.

NEP likes this.
  8. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Plus...that guy “making things happen” started 8th and finished 10th. He needs more time to reveal who he really is. The next Grosean? Or the next Vettel?

william likes this.
  9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You really can't see how massively talented LeClerc is? Lol

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Again, lol.

11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Better stay by the phone then. His time his coming, starting with ending Kimi's time next year.

Dude hasn't won a race in 5 years. He's done.

12. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I’m somewhat cautious in my approach...you know how many “massive talents” have come and gone without making any mark on F1...? I’ll wait until he harnesses that talent into performances. Talent gets you noticed...performance gets you promoted.

william likes this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Kimi was outdone by Massa and it would have been 2 out of 3 years had Massa not had the accident. Kimi is the epitome of talent and time wasted. He has a WDC courtesy of Massa yielding LOL. Lets be very serious about Kimi shall we? He's notable but not great at all. Take a look at the literal abuse Kimi had by FA at Ferrari then tell me how great he is. His record vs FA is exactly how great Kimi is not.

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    He already has. What are you waiting for? Race wins in a Sauber? This guy dominated GP2 like nothing we've ever seen and is currently way outperforming his equipment. Hamilton and Vettel have noticed but I guess he's still waiting on your approval lol

15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Kimi is a Jacques Villeneuve-esque driver. On his day he could be very fast but his career leaves you wanting more

16. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Oh FFS...I’m sharing an opinion. Remember Andrew’s admonishment about adding unnecessary content that adds ZERO to the discussion. You and I are guests here...be respectful or pee on the toilet seat...which guest do you want to be?

william and 375+ like this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and by choice it seems. Kimi does not appear to ignore issues in a less than perfect car at all and drive around them like FA can.

2014 at Ferrari - FA 161 points vs Kimi same car = 55pts.

18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Do you have to always be crying? Jeez dude I'm starting to think the internet might not be for you, Mr. Victim

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I think we all need to remember to lift the seat.

william and BMWairhead like this.
  20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Or sit down. :D

Just depends. . .

D

BMWairhead and 375+ like this.
  21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Who the heck watches GP2? That's like watching some feeder series expecting the talent to translate when it never consistently does. Do you watch NBA D-league while we're at it? Or even the college equivalents of sports where the superstars usually turn into nothing?

And yes, I'd expect race wins at whatever second rate team he drives for before hyping him up. Kimi won multiple races at Lotus and other than retirements never finished outside the top 10 at Sauber his rookie year. And I've said it before that Kimi is the best #2 driver Ferrari can get. Anyone else hasn't proven a thing or would try to out-do their #1 driver Vettel. I never said Kimi would be winning a WDC again. That would defeat the purpose of him being a #2 driver. I'm done arguing over a kid that hasn't done anything outside of a feeder series.

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Why don't you guys put each other on ignore for a while.

That's not really a suggestion, it's more of a requirement for continued admission to the F1 fun. If you two can't crawl out of each other's um, mufflers, then I'll do it for you. So easier for you to ignore each other than to get a big ol' time out to consider why you chose to ignore my suggestion.

BMW - don't bait the guy when you know where it's gonna go.

Tifosi - I almost made it through the race weekend without having to admonish anyone for boorish behavior. ALMOST...

So, you two go to neutral corners, and don't come back out swinging.

Thanks,

D

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That's just not how things work. LeClerc is the future, Kimi is a has been. You're talking about things that happened 5+ years ago. His title was 11 years ago. He's done. You are going to learn at the end of this season when Kimi is out the door.

Also GP2 is some damn good racing, you are missing out. I like to stay educated on the up and comers. You clearly don't. Fair enough. Also, yes, I watch college football and basketball as well and so do tens of millions of other people. You should get out more.

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1

at times, it's better than F1

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I should get out more by watching more TV? That doesn't make sense. And yes, I did watch college basketball and football...when I was in college. It was fun then as the guys I saw around campus and in class were playing and actually won D1 championships (basketball and football). I haven't cared for it since leaving even though they won more championships after I graduated.

I think I'll stick to getting out more my way by actually going outdoors and traveling rather than living vicariously through some kid driving in circles. I'm done with this thread.