KIMI | Page 6 | FerrariChat

KIMI

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Kimi, every marketing team’s dream! #BrandAmbassador :D:D

E60 M5, SimCity3, NEP and 2 others like this.
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Q: “If you had the power what would be the Formula 1 today? What would you change?”
    Kimi: “I don’t have the power so what is the point to even waste to think about it. I don’t understand, what is the point, I have zero power.”

:D

Ryan... and mcimino like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just highlights how **** it must be to be famous, and I'll never understand people actually wanting to be famous...that simple car ride, and the girl apparently a host of a car programme there...and the tabloids made a story of it that he was spotted with an unknown brunette.

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Interesting comments about tires and Mercedes issues with them as well

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/135580/symonds-ferrari-happy-to-compromise-raikkonen

Formula 1's chief technical officer Pat Symonds says Ferrari proved its only focus is Sebastian Vettel winning the drivers' championship with Kimi Raikkonen's compromised China strategy.

Raikkonen stayed out seven laps longer than Vettel before his first stop and consequently dropped back from an initial fourth place to sixth.

Later incidents meant Raikkonen eventually ended up finishing third while Vettel was only eighth, but former Benetton/Renault technical chief Symonds said such tactics can only hinder a constructors' title bid.

"I think they need to decide how they're going to go racing," Symonds said of Ferrari.

"The way they used Raikkonen in China was unfortunate - leaving him out for so long and trying to slow down other cars. And to be honest, it didn't really work.

"By the time his rivals reached him, his tyres were shot and they could easily overtake, so it wasn't a great strategic decision.

"I don't think that's the way to get a constructors' championship.

"They obviously feel that the drivers' championship is more important, and they've made their decision as to where that will go."

Symonds believes Ferrari is in better shape in 2018 than it has been since the hybrid era began.

"In pre-season I think we hoped that Ferrari would be close to Mercedes but we felt that Mercedes had something in hand," he added.

"Well, the first few races haven't really shown that. Ferrari have had consistent performance.

"They have a reasonable qualifying performance and a very good race pace.

"They are looking stronger than they've looked for many years and I think they've got every chance of a really good season."

He also thinks the stronger competition has highlighted a long-time Mercedes tyre-management weakness previously hidden by its engine cushion.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"One thing that they've never quite got on top of is tyre management," Symonds said.

"We saw it a lot in the pre-hybrid era when they didn't have the engine advantage they enjoy now. Then, if they didn't get their tyre quite right, they didn't have great races.

"I think things were masked from 2014 to 2016, simply because they had this big power advantage.

"Then last year we started to hear the car being called a 'diva'. What's that about?

"In my mind, the difference in performance you get from one weekend to the next is not really explainable in aerodynamics or vehicle dynamics or anything like that.

"With an aero/chassis package, getting your set-up just right might mean you're hoping to pick up a tenth or so from Friday to Saturday qualifying.

"But when you get a big shift, when suddenly you're not competitive, it has to be down to tyres.

"And if it's down to tyres it's down to not using them well and not getting the temperatures correct."

He feels Mercedes' 'imperfections' in strategy have become obvious in 2018 too.

"Strategically, they've also had troubles," said Symonds.

"There may have been imperfect calls before, but with such a performance advantage you don't really see them."

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  6. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    I remmember Rosberg saying he stopped cycling in the summer of 2016 and lost some weight, don't recall if it was 1kg or whatever, but he did say it was worth a couple of tenths per lap.

I wonder if this has helped Kimi this season

Raikkonen lost 3.2kg over winter - trainer
    2018-05-03 11:10
    share:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image: JOHANNES EISELE / AFP

Paris - Kimi Raikkonen's trainer has confirmed that the Ferrari driver dropped weight over the winter.

The Finn recently dismissed a reporter who noticed that the 38-year-old was looking slimmer and fitter in 2018.

As light as possible

But Raikkonen's long time physio Mark Arnall admitted: "The winter season this year was about getting Kimi's weight down.

"This winter I managed to get 3.2 kilograms off Kimi. He now weighs just 70kg," he told Iltalehti newspaper.

Arnall said Formula One engineers ask for drivers to be as light as possible.

"If they want the front of the car to turn better, they want more weight at the front. If they want more grip to the rear tyres, they shift the weight back. And if the driver weighs too much, it doesn't work," he said

NeuroBeaker and NEP like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ryan..., 635CSI, NEP and 3 others like this.
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Kimi's career is running on fumes. Its time for him to go ice fishing back in Finland.

9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I hear he likes to karaoke at his bar....:)

So far for 2018, he''s matching Vettels pace. He knows the "politics" behind the pits and can deal with it.....by taking a huge swig on the podium (I would too); and there's good chemistry between him and Seb.

Also, alot of the stuff thats happened to him for 2018 is not all his fault....it's mostly behind the pits whether reliability or strat calls. Can't blame him really for 2018 so far.

this vid just released between the two.

Behind the Wheel #1 | Shell Motorsport

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Flat Affect Kimi never disappoints lol.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  11. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Ferrari knows that you could shuffle the deck but at the end of the day why?? The Iceman is DAMN FAST and one hell of a teammate. What they should ask themselves is why do they not support Kimi as much as Seb and have two front runners???

Kimi for Monaco!

Come on Iceman, pound out a hero qualifying lap and drive that Ferrari to victory!

12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Simple, because although Kimi can still drive fast (qualifying) his race craft is mostly gone. Regardless that hindsight is 20-20, Kimi would never have attempted the pass on Bottas at Baku. He is mostly just a stay the course kind of guy. Thus far this year is has seemed to work ok, but it will never generate a win.

13. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Kimi isn't hungry. Ferrari needs a driver who is...and who will make the moves if Seb falters. Kimi belongs at Williams with Stroll. One can't drive fast, and the other won't.

14. DF1

I can see Ferrari keeping Kimi. It is not a sound move but Ferrari succeed in spite of themselves. Driver title focus. Vettel is no MS. Kimi is overall inconsistent and hardly aggressive. Im whatever about this or the team so far. Kimi has a legacy in decline the longer he stays to simply be in the game. Did not miss him when he was fired and will not miss him later. If the team had a winning or dominating focus Ricci would be hired.

15. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    As others have said, if Ricciardo were hired, that would result in more infighting and ultimately a worse off situation. Vettel wouldn't play second fiddle to him and i doubt he would to Vettel; the team would be worse off. And Ferrari is "stuck" with Vettel - who i happen to like frankly - for another few years. Besides, I really think that Ricciardo is staying put given the above and as i don't see that Mercedes seat opening up; I think Bottas is going to be in that seat until the new formula kicks in.

16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The arrangement is perfect for Vettel. I doubt Seb wants a hungry Max as team mate ;)

17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Some sage advice at the end :)

E60 M5 likes this.
  18. DF1

Not at all impressed with a challenge-less Vettel or his radio/mental issues. He can leave with Kimi. If he deny's a Ricci entry to Ferrari his cowardice is without question.

19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  20. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Toyota's Makinen says Ferrari should keep Raikkonen

MAY 31, 2018

Toyota world rally boss Tommi Makinen has played down speculation Kimi Raikkonen could leave Ferrari at the end of the year.

Makinen, who heads the works Toyota Gazoo Racing rally team, was a guest of Raikkonen's at Monaco.

His deputy Mia Miettinen, also in the Principality, said: "Kimi could be a Toyota (rally) driver, but first he has to decide if he will continue his career with Ferrari."

Amid rumours Ferrari is looking to replace him for 2019, and faced with the rally speculation, Raikkonen insisted he has "no agreement on anything".

Makinen said he thinks it is likely Raikkonen will stay in formula one.

"I have not talked to Kimi about it," he told Ilta Sanomat newspaper.

"It is rumoured that he could possibly continue with Ferrari. He has been doing excellently this year and the results would have been much better without bad luck.

"I would like to see Kimi continue where he is currently," Makinen added.

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree, let Kimi stay on as Dan's #2 :)

jmillard308, vinuneuro and Bas like this.
  22. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    When I see Kimi attack and pass the car in front of him I will then believe that he deserves to be driving the Ferrari.

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Even if the car in front is Seb?

24. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Did anyone else read "Kimi's answers" and think......thats doesn't sound like Kimi. Me thinks that the La Gazetta added in some extra wording and fluffed up his answers a lil bit. The first two answers to the questions about Kimi and Seb "relationship" is very bromance uncomfortable. La Gazetta has been know for being full of **** in the past and this proves it