Kvyat.. The new Maldonado? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kvyat.. The new Maldonado?

Discussion in 'F1' started by scudF1, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    As I saw it, Kvyat got severely frustrated as he tried to unlap himself against Magnussen and ended up trying to make a gap where it didn't exist.

The problem was, he was much faster than Magnussen, and a couple of corners earlier Magnussen was blocking him off as though they were racing for position, rather than Kvyat unlapping himself.

That's not to excuse Kvyat, he was being impetuous when he attempted his somewhat overly ambitious overtaking manoeuvre and should have used far more caution, by the same token though, Magnussen could have easily opened the door at Rascasse to let him past and go on his way as he was a lap down anyway.

I don't think this incident is some sort of proof positive that Kvyat shouldn't be in F1 as some seem to think on here TBH. Kvyat is struggling a bit at the moment and needs to settle down a bit, but I'd avoid the sort of knee-jerk reaction that some seem to want to be taken.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kubica was no looker, that's for sure. Wehrlein looks like he's not from this planet.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Annunaki could do a cart of him and get it placed in the next horror film maybe!

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Kyvat is unlucky to drive for RedBull. The team has tossed away a few drivers that might have been solid given the chance and they have clearly put all their eggs in the Verstappen basket. If he keep his head down, mouth shut and drives intelligently he might be attractive to another team. I doubt he has a future with RB. They are youth obsessed.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, they can be ruthless.

But, by the same token, they have promoted Vettel, Ricciardo and now Verstappen.

7. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I would say the next Tacuma Sato. I would be really happy if he was bounced out of F1. He clearly lacks the maturity to handle the job.

8. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    For me, Kvyat's attitude is the real put-off. He does have raw pace and speed. He lacks ideal racecraft and decision-making during races, which aligns with his lack of maturity. This, I can look-past, as maturity comes with experience/age. However, his attitude seems less likely to change - which, is to mean his arrogance will persist. This negative mindset is not going to win him sponsorship suitors, not is it going to make him an attractive prospect to other teams. If he does not succeed, it will be entirely his fault. Only he can make the necessary changes to right the ship.

9. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I personally think the way he handled himself in the waiting room with Vettel as being one of the major factors for the demotion. Plus Kvyat was a no brainer.

But honestly (if it was you in his shoes and Vettel came to you and said those things), would you have said sorry protecting your future or talk back and defend your decisions?

10. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Vettel may have come to him anyway, but don't forget that Kvyat actually started that "discussion" by feigning innocence and asking what happened.

11. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I still don't know what happened. To me, nothing that involved Kvyat.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

Vettel was just looking for a scapegoat that day...

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I know that people like to give a bad rap to Maldonado in this forum.

Fair enough.

But have they realised that right now, more than half the grid have yet to achieve what he did: WIN a GP!

Whatever people say, Maldonado's name is on record for having won a GP in Spain.

14. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    That must have been an unknown twin-brother... After seeing so many videos of his
    crashes from his bone-head moves, it's hard to believe he even won one race.
    Asking a different question, how much money has been lost in dammaged cars where
    has he has been involved?

I remember they were counting how much wasted money in car dammages after
    Grosjean's crash in SPA and other races and that is almost peanuts compared to
    Maldonado's tally.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe, but he won a GP !!

There are many drivers going through F1 who don't crash much, but they never win either !!

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Come on William, one good race day! Mostly he drove like he forgot to put his contact lenses in !

Hahahaha, you are winding people up! :)

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm confused here. You mean China 2016? What was wrong with his attitude then? Absolutely nothing, IMO.

Hit fate was decided earlier than China; he was going to be replaced by Verstappen end of this year. RBR simply took the multiple crashes as an excuse, so far it's paid off.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The way I see it, Kvyat demotion from RB to STR has nothing to do with incidents or his driving.
    Verstappen was seen as a too good prospect to let him being lured by another team.
    To be sure of keeping him, Mateschitz/Marko promoted him to the top team with a long term contract, I presume.
    Kvyat just got in the way of that move and became the victim of it.
    Now completely unsettled, Kvyat starts realising that his days are numbered in the organisation.
    I expect him to be unceremoniously dumped at the end of this year.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, that's all it takes to win a GP.

I guess F1 is full of drivers who never had one good race day.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Even trulli had one good day!

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    And Panis, and Beltoise, etc...

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    . . . and Alesi scored a point for Prost which was a victory of sorts.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    If Kvyat keeps unraveling they won't wait until the end of the season. STR dumped Scott Speed and replaced him with Vettel mid-season.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It wouldn't surprise me one little bit if that was to happen.

There is bad blood between the parties now.

Verstappen rammed a car at Monaco last year, but that was OK.

Kvyat rammed a car this year, and hell breaks lose ...