Kvyat.. The new Maldonado? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Kvyat.. The new Maldonado?

Discussion in 'F1' started by scudF1, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Entirely different circumstances, william, and you know it.

That was Verstappens' first crash, after impressing all season, and it being his first F1 season (And only 2nd car season!). Kvyat in comparison, is well seasoned, has had several high profile accidents this season, now did this one and is being very loud in the media that he couldn't possibly at fault (whilst he definitely seemed to be in my eyes!).

I really like Kvyat, been a strong supporter of him when he came to F1 (and many here where not in favour of him), but he really needs some lessons right now. He's opening his mouth when he should keep it shut. He looked handy on the track from Thursday onwards, was unlucky at the start of the race with a malfunctioning car...it happens. Let it slide, prove yourself at the next race! But when you've just had an at-fault accident, and get a penalty for it, don't start running your mouth.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, I do agree that all that unwanted attention had brought out the worst in Kvyat recently, and now it looks like this will hasten his exit from the team.

People talk too much, most of the time, but in the F1 environment, it seems that drivers are constantly pestered by the media to express their feelings.

I may be bias, but I would like more Russian drivers in F1. I deplored Petrov's leaving, and now Kvyat maybe. I heard that Kvyat treatment by RBR hasn't been welcomed by Russian F1 fans , but they are a very small lobby.

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Poor Kvyat. He should never have been in the RB in the first place. His promotion was for convenience, not merit. Now he's heading back to where he should naturally be - out of F1. At least he's entertaining us on the way down...

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Really ?

If you think a driver who is regularly in the points, gets a podium place, and fastest lap has no place in F1, you could almost dismiss half the grid!!

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    AFAIK Red Bull and Toro Rosso are not charities. Anyone got better intel on this ?
    The drivers that get year long contracts are FORTUNATE ! Anyone who is offered a contract to drive an F1 car has made it past 99% of the others.

Let's compare Ferrari's "driver development" program; "Won a WDC ? Here's an offer."

RBR is looking for the diamonds. They have to sort through a lot of coal to find it.

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

I've repeated myself endlessly on the subject, yet people still seem to think RBR is a bloody charity. Tired of doing so, tbh.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Excellent points

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    +1. None of drivers have a right be treated charitably for failing comprehensively. How hard can it be to understand this? Kvyat was never, ever, going to be WDC material. He had to go, and go quickly. The fact that he is in a TR and not out of F1 completely is charity enough.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kvyat to me has the ability to be a strong WDC supporter, i.e. one that doesn't snoop points of his 'mate by challenging him for wins, but quick enough to be keep the rest at bay. A valuable asset in the right team, IMO.

But the crashes and the inability to accept blame is not a strong point.

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    My point was validated today. This guy crashes on every single race. His future to this sport is very short.

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ummm...pretty hard to validate an accident that wasn't his fault.

12. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    It's never his fault... 😉

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 - Drivers run wide at most circuits. This was caused by the curbs and they are a touch harsh. More than 1 team suffered and its needless. Curbs are fine these are a severe and poor design and most curbs are not breaking suspensions with such regularity. These were not accounted for in the design of most teams' suspensions.

This is not Monaco at all.

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Who thinks Kvyat will still be around next season?

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No it wasn't.

16. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I think kvyat will be lucky to be the car at the end of the summer break. red bull has proven that they will change drivers without regard, they moved out reasonable talent like JEV, although a potential WDC, still a very solid driver. Kvyat brings nothing to the table, not faster than Sainz and crashes, and moreover did you see the crews face when he crashed, I don't think there's a love loss there...

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He is Tost ...err sorry toast.He is fast for sure but has had a bit of bad luck coupled with a bit of over ambitious driving,so he will be lucky to see out this season.

Formula E beckons ..shame really.

18. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    My point was validated again after today's race.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What point is that exactly? That Kvyat had a suspension failure? He drove 1 lap, suspension fails...and this is immediately his fault?

20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Precisely. It's like suddenly everyone here has Fiat's telemetry and came to a conclusion that he's at fault.

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Agree.

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    JANUARY 11, 2018

Kvyat to work in Ferrari simulator

Daniil Kvyat's new job in formula one will see him work mainly in the Ferrari driver simulator.

The famous Italian team has announced that the Russian and Red Bull refugee has been signed up as a development driver.

Asked what Kvyat will be doing in 2018, a Ferrari spokesman told Tass news agency: "The role of development driver is normally associated with work in the simulator.

"Main track activities are covered by our other drivers," he added.

Nonetheless, the Kvyat news caught many by surprise, including the pundit for Finnish broadcaster C More, Toni Vilander.

"It will take valuable experience to Ferrari, as he was still a driver last season," he said.

"Perhaps his management thought this was the right solution, even if the simulator does not improve a driver's skills. He should not remain a test driver for long, as every driver's goal is to race," Vilander added.

He wonders if Kvyat might use the role as a launching pad to a Ferrari-linked team like Sauber or Haas.

"In truth, it will be difficult for Daniil, but maybe he can get the support of some sponsors as well," said Vilander.

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Should be safe in the sim ..crash..reset...crash ...reset

jgonzalesm6 and tifoso2728 like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    LOL :D

25. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Best way to keep him from hitting Vettel anymore, takes away the 1% chance that Williams would sign him!