Lamboghini Red color | FerrariChat

Lamboghini Red color

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by MD355, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I know this should be posted in the Lamborghini forum, but I am not a member yet, so since its Italian maybe its ok to post here.

Here is an interesting (I think) observation I’ve made about Lamborghini red..

The Miura (all versions)
    The Countach (all versions and especially QV and Anniversary)
    The Diablo (early and VT)

were all amazing in red, and it was a very common color to order the car... It was the “default” choice the same way Ferrari was always red.. It was the poster color..

Since the arrival of the Murcielago, Gallardo, Aventador and Huracan, red became a very rare color... First of all, for some reason these newer cars don’t look that good in red. And secondly, you don’t see them anywhere.. On TV shows, youtube, magazines, posters...

Why has red become a rare Lamborghini color ?
    I cannot imagine that owners “don’t want to attract attention” because with the scissor doors, crazy design and loud exhaust the goal is to attract attention.. People even put chrome wrapping to make it more crazy and attract attention

Any thoughts ?

2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi, I agree, I think red on an older Lambo is awesome, but then as per the picture, I have a good reason to say so :D

I've seen red on Murci's and Aventadors and I think they look fantastic. But, tastes change and there are now an awful lot of colours to choose from which were not available before. I also think that a lot pf people shy away from red as . . they are a lot of red cars already, Fezza's and as you state, older generation Lambo's. Colours come in and out of fashion. White used to be a very unpopular colour, now its all over the place.

As they would say in America . . . "make red great again!" :p

R

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015

YUP. I agree that red on older Lambos R great.
    Not my taste at the moment for newer Lambos.
    In fact, an AVNTDR SVJ (Red) has been laying arround at a dealer for a while and offered for less than MSRP, one of my expert guys mentioned SMTH about the color may be of a reason somehow.