Lamborghini the movie | FerrariChat

Lamborghini the movie

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by amc, Aug 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    #1 amc, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5533370/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Can't wait to see this one. It looks like italians are involved heavily in the production of this movie.
    It is certain that a big part gonna be the conflict with Enzo but if this movie features a lot of Bob Wallace, would be even greater fun to watch.
    and unlike the Ferrari movie starring DeNiro this one is going to happen.

NürScud likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He was a pretty interesting guy.

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Alex Baldwin as Enzo?!
    Should be interesting
    When is it supposed to come out ?

Sent from my 16M

4. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Wow..looking forward to this.

I hope Mr. Balboni is part of the cast playing himself.

NürScud likes this.
  5. Raclambo

Raclambo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2014
    NY,FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Couldn’t agree more with this statement !!

NürScud likes this.
  6. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sadly, I do not believe Valentino's character will be in the movie.

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Does that mean they'll be leaving out the Morely Safer factory visit episode? That's one of the most memorable things about Lamborghini in the 1980s and everybody watched 60 Minutes back then, almost religiously.

8. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I would very much enjoy this if they do the subject justice

9. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    Whats with all this Balboni hype?
    Do you think Balboni was important in those days? no he wasn't.
    If the movie includes Bob Wallace character with adequate screen time that will be a big added value to the movie!
    This Lamborghini movie has "the godfather" type of vibe to me, it could be epic in the right hands with producers, writers and director this movie could really bring out to the light those glory days in the 60's for Italian super cars business. Davide Cironi series of interviews with Italian engineers is priceless, some of those stories are fit to be in the movie.

10. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    With all due respect, an awful lot of people were introduced (over and over and over) to Lamborghini and the Countach in the mid 1980s with that 60 Minutes piece. Balboni was front and center in that.

Does that mean he really had any big significance in the early development of the signature cars like the 350/400 GT, Miura or Espada? Of course not but he's a well known part of the story at that time.
    I think there should be room for all of them.

11. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Stanz, Wallace, Dallara, Balboni, and the others.....they're all characters in there own right lol....but they were all part of the picture show at some point in Lamborghini's history, early history. These guy must have some kind importance, they're in all the books! lolol
    I've met Balboni but was only a few weeks from meeting Wallace before he passed away. That really bummed me out.

12. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Just stumbling on this thread. A lambo movie would be fantastic. Not putting Balboni for his correct role in the history would leave some of the history out as someone said above. all characters that were present at the factory while Ferrucio was alive should be accuratly represented and I am sure they would be if that movie is made. If not this would be, I am sorry to say, a botch job.

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He was important because he helped affect the final handling outcome of Lamborghini's perhaps most famed model, the Countach.

The way it worked was, he was the direct link between the engineers and the car's final handling characteristics.

About 1.5 years ago I spoke to Lamborghini's CEO Patrick Mimran who presided over a significant tenure of the Countach's production in an interview he authorized me to publish in the July 2017 edition of Classic & Sports Car magazine, and he acknowledged Valentino's importance, referring to him as "a legend".

Correct.

14. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    Yes definitely hype...

Since Ferruccio Lamborghini's automobile story ends in 1974 there should not be any Valentino Balboni(the aprentice) in the movie
    but who knows.

15. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Well, this can be argued. Why would anyone do a movie about the man if not about the car brand he created? That is what made him famous. So the movie is about the man life and the factory while he was alive. I believe this would be important because you can understand the man better by watching the factory evolution after he left.
    A comprehensive movie should show both tracks. The man and the cars, even after he departed, showing the factory evolution alongside for his entire life. All players involved should be part of this.
    Same with a movie just about the factory. I don’t think you could do it without tracking Ferrucio to his death date. I guess it depends how you think about this whether the 2 are inseparable. After all they have the same name.
    I do agree that the factory would not be relevant after his death.

16. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    These days biographical box office type of movies are made in a more clever way to attract wider audiences, they focus on the most defining event/s from the life of that person and exploit it to the fullest in the movie.
    See "Bohemian Rhapsody" the movie about Queen and Freddie Mercury, it goes from the creation of the band until 1985 when a big event happened for them.
    The Lamborghini movie will probably focus mainly on the early days of him making a fortune and than going into "war" with Enzo Ferrari.

17. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #17 Peter K., Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Deniro, Baldwin? What the hell happened to these guys? 2 angry, hateful dudes now off screen, not only towards the President. I use to love these guys. I'm not much into movies anymore but I guess I should make time for the Ferrari and Lamborghini movies regardless.

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Apparently without a good script, they are themselves.

Boomhauer, ken qv and Peter K. like this.
  19. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    These movies will flop.. nobody cares except us car guys, and it seems we are a pretty small group in the population now.

20. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yup, youre right. I think the same thing happened with the movie Rush. It was only great for F1 fans. However, I brought some family to see it and they really liked it. They all had no knowledge of F1. Then I told my elderly father to put it on his Netflix list for when it came out. Months later he got it in the mail, watched it. Had no memory of me teeling him to get it. Said: strange, I watch a really good movie....

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Or Bob Wallace

IMO these movies try to be more like soap operas looking for personal drama. Tucker was probably closest to telling the story or how a car company was born and run by the whim / dream of one man but also needed its drama.

22. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    Anyone know what is happening with this project?

23. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Should be in post production, release in 2020. They changed directors mid 2018, and didn't start filming until the latter half of 2018. They are filming in Italy and while Antonio Banderas as Lamborghini doesn't sound terrible, Alec Baldwin as Enzo Ferrari makes me chuckle... we will see

EarlyCat likes this.
  24. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Production & team will come back to Italy this year to shoot external spots in winter