LamborghiniChat moving back to own community | Page 4 | FerrariChat

LamborghiniChat moving back to own community

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by rob lay, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So with a new division by model is the old content going to be sorted into that way or will all of that remain in one lump like it is now?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we'll do the best we can to sort it. might take a week or so after we go live.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't know what Rob has in mind, but the last time we added/changed sub forums we'd move threads as we found them.

It would be a big help, once the move is made, if you guys could hit the "report" button and tell us where to move a particular thread as you see/read it, from the old format to the new.

D

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I guess someone will manually sort them by model? The stuff that spans multiple models goes elsewhere?
    I have no idea if this software can even do this, I've never looked and I'm viewing via the old familiar format. But other forum software I use in similar situations has a recent activity view so that you don't have to jump through every model's category just to see what's new. That's irrespective of whether your following any threads.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    would it be possible to have a direct link from fchat lambo section to the lambo chat? so if we click on the lambo section it redirects us and dumps us into lambo chat directly?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, we are certainly doing that. there won't be any more Lamborghini threads on FerrariChat unless Other Italian, comparison in Ferrari threads, or classifieds. thanks.

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Rob, when will this all start for the members? In other words, when will I bring up the site and see the change?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We have been ready to implement, but some deals we're working on delaying it. If you use the site login I gave above for LamborghiniChat that is the production environment and how everything will appear. We aren't going to remove any of that data either. That's why I'm saying we need testers, but we haven't had a single bug reported. When it is official there can't be any complaining then. :D ;)

9. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    #84 Chadbourn Bolles, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
    Rob, what ever happened to this. Did the idea just die?
    Chadbourn Bolles

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It is ready to implement, but typical corporate inefficiencies we’re on hold.