Last Weekend Suggestions? | FerrariChat

Last Weekend Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Dopplemax, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

This is my last weekend with Isabelle (my 308) before her winter stay with Grand Touring. Anyone have some favorite roads to recommend?

2. WilliamT

WilliamT Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    William
    Not knowing where you are and depending on how far you want to drive, I usually drive on Rt 108/650 (Start at the 124/108 intersection and end at the 650/97 intersection). I live really close by so it convenient for me.

Here are some other roads in MD

http://www.sha.state.md.us/exploremd/oed/scenicByways/scenicByways.asp

What is Grand Touring?

3. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

William,
    Is the section of 108 to which you are referring near Columbia? If so, I think I know the one. I haven't been up that way in some time, that's a great suggestion, thanks!

Grand Touring is an exotic car expert shop in Laurel. Check them out some time if you need work done or even some good advise. Kendall and Chuck will steer you right.

I'm about 20 minutes south of Andrews Air Force Base by the way, so pretty much anything is within reason when it comes to great rides.

4. WilliamT

WilliamT Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    William
    Route 108 near Columbia isn't bad during non-rush hour times.

The area I'm talking about is west of Columbia in the town of Sunshine.

That part of Rt 108 begins at the intersection of Rt 97 (Georgia Ave) and end at the intersection of Rt 124 (Woodfield School) in Damascus. Even during rush hour traffic times you only see a handful of cars on that road. Great scenery, good long stretches, nice curves and gradual hills. 90% of the time, thats the road I use for driving.