Late Dino GTS Door Seals | FerrariChat

Late Dino GTS Door Seals

Discussion in '206/246' started by racerboy9, Oct 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Does anyone know if Cicognani has the correct door seal for a 74 GTS? I searched around and there was some question about the picture on their site being the wrong profile. I know some have had a problem fitting the targa roof if the seal is too big. Also, if I am correct, the door seal on a GT is different from the GTS and is the same as the rear quarter window on the GT. Any info greatly appreciated.

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not sure about the GTS but both my L- and early E- had a round profile seal originally, Cicognani have a trapezoidal profile seal on their website which was incorrect for my Dinos - if that's what you're referring to?
    They do have the correct seal in a smooth rubber, "COD 865" (9 meters). I can send you a sample if you want, I have some scraps.

3. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks Andrew for confirming the GT door seal. I have a good supply of COD 865. It is the later style I need confirmation on. Going to Padova next week and Cicognani usually has a concession there. I'd hate to bring back the wrong door seal for my GTS.

4. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Great, I went a few years ago and there was alot to see and buy! have fun.

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    When I bought 05702, a fairly early E series, it had trapezoidale profile for the door/targa shut seal. 12 years ago I bought a replacement from Rutlands that was round but a bit too large for my door shut. Last summer I bought a bunch of stuff from Cicognani, one was this door/targa seal and it is the trapezoidal shape that is like what my car was purchased with and door closes well with it.

Did GTS door seals change during production or do any other GTS owners have views on which door seal came on their car?