latest values on Stradales | FerrariChat

latest values on Stradales

Discussion in '360/430' started by SURF, Jun 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SURF

SURF Guest

Nov 6, 2004
    North Hampton,NH.
    I have been out of the loop for awhile. I presently have a no stories Argento Silver Stradale with factory stripe with 6k miles on it. I have had it since new. What are the values these days? (if I dare ask)

Thanks Surf

2. Chi-Town

Chi-Town Guest

Mar 30, 2010
    California
    #2 Chi-Town, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    What is the year, 2004, correct as recall that is the only year. But I'm not an Ferrari expert..... so don't kill me ;)

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #3 stokpro, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Real money is probably 125-135, if you want it to move.

5. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    they've really sunk in value with the 430's and the 458's out. im looking for a daily driver for me and i was thinking that i could maybe buy yours for 92k or something. well?

6. skudred

skudred Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2008
    SOCAL
    Full Name:
    Sid M.
    The Best comp Ive heard this year was a Black stripe car 2400 miles with cuoio leather interior traded for 160K at a Ferrari dealer in OC. F Dealers tend to get more, I would say 120K-135K is accurate for 13K miles non striped to Striped cars. Your car has low mileage, decent color iand stripe it should bait somewhere in the 128K-148K.

7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

135 - 150 depending on miles, color, stripe history etc etc

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There are deals everywhere these days. It seems to be getting tougher to find a buyer period let alone one who will pay 'fair market value' any more.
    Some sellers have simply given up on the market...
    CH

9. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Define "fair".

Define "fair market value".

10. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    surf i was being totally fascitious ..... your car is worth 125-145 and the prices are definitely firming up. CH where are you seeing these "deals". there's one ugly CS with some racing livery for 95k or so and the others are all above 130k (and many of those have stories). the OP, it sounds like, has a sweeeet car. slowly the ferrari world is coming to value these cars for their purity of purpose. hold on to yours.

11. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    And considering the specifics you may want to reconsider the #'s. Obviously a storied and or high mileage example could sell below 135K and a proper, low mileage example, (under 3K) could sell above 150K.

12. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I'm not so sure about that. Check the other thread in this section... A black CS is for sale for 135k OBO.

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I've seen pics of OP's CS. Awesome color combo and quite rare. There are only about a dozen or so argento w/ factory stripe. SURF's CS is the only one I know of spec'd with black leather, yellow stitching and yellow calipers. Hotness!! I'm thinking $145k-$155k range given rarity and low mileage.

14. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    + 1. Not many like this ever come up for sale.

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Exactly.

I think the cars with 10 to 12k miles (2k per year on what are now six year old cars) are a deal at 125k to 135k. Don't forget what these cars cost new. Some buyers paid over list price in the past for very low mileage cars.

The silver car being a one owner, rare color with factory stripe and black leather and not the alcantara trim is $155,000 to the right buyer who is not looking for red. That being said gray cars seem to be a tough sell lately compared to resale red.

Fair market value is a price that sees the original owner take a realistic loss but not get eaten alive by the sharks looking to steal a deal. These days 'fair' seems to be a moving target though...
    CH

16. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #16 Jason Crandall, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    The problem with paying $155K for a 1 owner CS is that now it's a 2 owner CS and instantly worth $130K. Nobody is going to take that hit and therefore the car is not worth $155K.

"Fair Market Value" has absolutely nothing to do with "the seller taking a reasonable loss". The car is worth what someone will pay for it.

The reality of the situation is...... The CS is a 6-7 year old sports car. A CS is very expensive to maintain. There are a lot of other really bad ass sports cars in the same price range or less. A CS is NOT an investment. A CS only runs on high octane gasoline. A CS cannot be used on dirt roads. A CS does not carry much in terms of guns and ammo. In today's world economy, these are important factors to consider.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    If you buy the car today at 155k and plan to keep it then the speculated immediate loss in value is a moot point.
    I see lots of examples and not just in the Stradale prices where the seller simply will not accept the loss based on what the buyer today is offering. The car is taken off the market and the seller makes other choices instead...
    CH

18. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I "plan" to keep every car I buy but inevitably, you eventually want something else. The CS will continue to drop. Just wait til 458's are everywhere.

I agree with "sellers" not accepting the loss and taking the car off the market. However, that's not going to make the price go back up. Just wait til 458's are everywhere.

Many new CS's have come to market in the last few weeks.

19. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Jason, your opinions are discounted since you've already admitted that there is no price for a Stradale that you would accept .... because, to replace the rotors could cost over $20k

G

20. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said.

21. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #21 Jason Crandall, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    Indeed I have moved on to working on a 430. I moved on because I couldn't put a deal together on a CS. Granted, I didn't buy one, but the sellers i was working on haven't sold theirs either. I'd rather be in my boat than holding an overpriced CS.

Discount my opinion if you like. But I live in reality. I've been shopping these things for a while now (as I do everything in life) and have a lot of data. CS's are not going UP in value. If you want to get rid of your CS, sell it now. If you don't then don't.

I just sold my Aston Martin last week finally. It sold at a pretty good discount. Granted, it's not a Ferrari, but it is a car. All "cars" are in the same boat.

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It is a bit of a stretch to suggest that a surplus of 458 models everwhere will hurt resale prices for the Stradale. By your estimate you could buy two Stradales for what one 'nicely equipped' 458 will cost at the Ferrari store. The 458 will still be scarce in North America for 2010 and then the convertible version will appear followed by the sport version and suddenly 3 years have gone by. The prices between a 360 and a 458 will still represent quite a big spread.
    CH

23. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    458's have an MSRP of $220K+. They're not $300K+.

Ferrari is a company that can only survive by selling cars. They're gonna get cars to market whether you like it or not.

All of this has nothing to do with the Ferrari market and everything to do with the state of affairs in the world. The world economy is in the tank. There are not nearly as many people who can afford Ferrari's right now.

430's continue to slide. They already have lower asking prices than many CS's. The margin between the 2 will only get so far before folks like me say "F" it I'll just go buy a low mile 430 with some warranty left".

I like the comparison of the CS with the F40. But I also say it's a stretch. I can take a 360 and turn it into a CS or at least give it the "look". You can't take a 328 and turn it into an F40.

24. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Partially true and partially BS. The first sentence is true. The second sentence is false. Fair market isn't only based on what someone will pay for it.

Fair market is "what a reasonable seller will take AND a reasonable buyer will pay PROVIDED that neither party is compelled to do so". In other words, what a seller will take is part of the equation whether anyone likes it or not.

The comments about 'sellers taking their cars off the market and that just proves they won't acknowledge market value' is completely ridiculous. It just proves that the car is worth more to the seller than what that buyer was willing to pay. It doesn't matter if all buyers were only willing to pay $20K if no one will sell to them.

Remember folks, it takes both sides to make a market. No sellers means no transactions NO MATTER what the buyers is willing to pay.

25. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I agree. You just wrote a "fancy" explanation of what I just said.

Even with sellers taking their cars off the market, it does not mean more are not coming on the market from sellers who do want out.

The "free market" is still prevailing. CS's are not going UP.