Leather Dash Recover. | FerrariChat

Leather Dash Recover.

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by scowman, Jun 18, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    I pulled the dash on my 456 and I need to get the leather redone. Any recommendations? Greater Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa all ok.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. BruceC

BruceC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I know Ferrari in Scottsdale uses Upholstery Shop & Tops > https://www.azautotops.com/ I have no personal experience with that shop though, so can't speak to quality or price.

scowman likes this.
  3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If you are still looking call Steve at exclusive motor cars.

They are absolutely the best shop to reupholster the dash.

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You can always send it to prestige in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Chris at VIP upholstery has done a lot of them, they did a Daytona for us a few years ago, have been on Curry Rd in Tempe forever.

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Chris is backed up, I have been waiting a year to get my top replaced on my XKE!

7. RaisingArizona

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    S W Bisel
    I’m having my dash done on my 360 later this month. This shop was recommended and after a visit decided to go with them.

https://palaciosupholstery.com/

8. BruceC

BruceC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    If you don't mind my asking, what did they quote to replace the dash leather and were there any concerns with matching the rest of the interior?

9. RaisingArizona

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    S W Bisel
    The quote was same there and at AZ Auto Tops. But, I preferred Palacio's. Saw examples of their workmanship. Chino was the guy I talked to and he is also the fellow that does the work. Examples of work I saw including a finished Testarossa from Texas that the owner had shipped in, new leather seats for a vintage BMW, and interior leather upholstery for a Hummer that the owner was having restored. The shop I go to has been sending their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's there for years. They also do tops, RV's, etc. The examples of the work I saw was impeccable.

Viewed samples of leather and my dash is black so do not expect issues matching color. The leather sample they had stated specifically was for Ferrari. They had several "Ferrari" leather samples including a couple of shades of tan/brown. The black sample looks like what is already there. I was thinking of doing this in vinyl, but got talked out of it. Most of the cost is labor and the savings they quoted was not that much in the grand scheme of things. Plus, I would imagine that doing it in vinyl could potentially reduce the car's desirability/resale value should I decide to sell the car. That, and the leather on it now has lasted for 20 years and I doubt anything untoward is going to happen in the next 20.

They quoted me $5000 including the leather hide. They stated that they need a full work week. 40 hours of labor at $125 / hour. One day to pull the dash out. 3 to remove old covering, replace foam underneath, stitch new cover, apply new cover to dash. Then 1 day to put everything back together. I have been advised to bring the car to them on Friday afternoon as they start work at O-dark-thirty on Monday morning.

I also visited AZ Auto Tops. They seem like good shop as well and Ferrari of Scottsdale uses them. They quoted same price, but I preferred Palacio's.

Best regards,

Steve

Zanny1 and BruceC like this.