LEC and VET similar to ALO and HAM? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

LEC and VET similar to ALO and HAM?

Discussion in 'F1' started by schumacherf2006, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    They did worse than that nest year!!

2. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

I got no facts wrong, nor did I offer any judgement on the matter or a defense of McLaren.

You said the 2007 McLaren, was "was built using stolen plans of the car that was the best out there that year."

I correctly said that would have be impossible, given that that the Mp4-22 was designed, build and tested before the photocopying incident (and was fast right out of the box). Now you've changed to that "improve their car" :p

What impact and value the Ferrari data had over the course of the 2007 season and beyond is off course just speculation and completely impossible for you or I to really quantify.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #128 daytona355, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Nitpicking now to get your credibility back? These are the FACTS - McLaren got caught cheating, just like Elton with the stewards getting caught lying through his teeth as well..... clearly Ron’s influence on Elton wasn’t always positive. They used the plans to manufacture parts for their car, and used settings and tech that was not available to themselves without having read and interpreted the ferrari plans, and if you think they can’t manufacture parts from March through October then that is shortsighted. No one said that McLaren built a ferrari clone, the FIA agreed however that the McLaren used the plans to develop and improve their car, and McLaren was unable to prove otherwise.

You really do like to nitpick at me exclusively don’t you, it’s like you have a little fascination with whatever I say and want to try to engage me. I really don’t have the slightest interest in anything that isn’t positive for Ferrari buddy, couldn’t care less if the rest of the teams folded tomorrow, and I have absolutely ZERO interest in understanding Elton or softening my opinion of the little idiot. You can try all you want to cheerlead for him to me, but you will always be met with a total disregard for him, you’ll just have to live with it I’m afraid. There are plenty of other posters here that hate the idiot, why single me out? I’m not really interested in your opinions I’m afraid buddy and following me thread to thread is becoming tiresome.

Have a wonderful day

Forza Ferrari, hope the Mercedes engines implode this weekend

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That was unfortunately the case.

There will always be different points of views regarding this incident, and it's part of F1 history now.

It serves as a warning.

sammysaber likes this.
  5. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

I was just correcting misinformation, that it all.
    I'm really not interested in a debate about the 2007 Championship or Spygate, as it's all just subjection back and forth.

You said that the 2007 McLaren was (in Bond-esque fasion!) 'built using stolen plans.' That's objectively wrong. It doesn't fit the timeline - the car was designed, built, tested and fast before the Ferrari data was transferred.

Did the Ferrari data aid the development of Mp4-22 directly...or was valuable in other indirect ways? Probably.

You did say exactly this though: "it was built using stolen plans of the car that was the best out there that year, so clearly it would be on a par with its legal identical twin!"

You really make this awfully easy :cool: You do have option of just saying: "I misspoke"

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Or I can ignore your attempts to (a) engage me in pointless debate and (2) ignore your twisting around trying to twist words and meanings to the extreme to suit your unequivocal statement that McLaren didn’t cheat

7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I haven't twisted any words (if you didn't mean what you wrote originally, that's your prerogative to correct and clarify) and I certainly didn't make any 'unequivocal statement that McLaren didn’t cheat.' Where did I say anything resembling this?

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored